FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: My Official GTM Build Thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I have the rubber seal. It definitely makes the glass look more finished IMO. This car is not ready for paint; I have so many body mods to make that it will take at least one more season
    to complete.

The car is 4 years old this week (Aug 28th), and it's killing me not to drive it. I'm willing to redo all of the primer, and remove the glass for paint. It's a small price to pay, and minimal work to
    allow me some tuning time, and LCD gauge testing for the remainder of this year.

I think it's important to have a completed working model of the gauges with documented video sooner than later!
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 08-21-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The front wheel arc is looking better. The hood lines are almost there; more body work is required to get straight cut, but this
    is looking good enough for cruising around. Once the hood latches are installed, I think it will come together nicely.
    20150825_222459.jpg
    Here are some shots of the door modifications required to clear the hood. If there's a better/easier way, I wish it fell into my lap
    months ago. The bars had to be cut and bent closer together to allow additional clearance around the edge of the hood. This area
    will have to be filled in to seal off the outside air.
    20150822_015204.jpg20150822_015212.jpg

Just a couple of days until the 4 year anniversary. I'm starting to install the interior next, so who knows? We might get some cruising done this
    weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Happy 4th anniversary to MONEY PIT! It has been 4 years to the day of messing around with this car.

Wheel arc's are pretty much a done deal. Once the car is off the hoist, the spacing will be even all around.

Interior time now! Hoping for two months of good weather before the insurance comes off. I can't wait to drive it!

arc.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision-Auto View Post
    Happy 4th anniversary to MONEY PIT! It has been 4 years to the day of messing around with this car.

Wheel arc's are pretty much a done deal. Once the car is off the hoist, the spacing will be even all around.

Interior time now! Hoping for two months of good weather before the insurance comes off. I can't wait to drive it!

arc.jpg
    Time really slips away with these cars, doesn't it?

Mine was delivered on August 2009. It's now August 2015. And at least 1.5 to 2 years of that time was spent with my car sitting in someone else's shop... Go figure.

Stay after it buddy!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Mike! I'm so close that I can taste it! I've been buttoning up the lower under-body panels, cleaning up the essential wiring,
    and installing the vent hoses to the dash. Last night the fuel filler hoses got connected, and the battery is charging.

For those not using the Corvette harness and need wiper/stalk wiring, here’s the deal for the wiper stalk wiring:

Yellow wire is the voltage source wire. Connect this to a switched source voltage
    that is fused for 30 Amps and run a parallel wire to the stalk column yellow wire,
    and wiper motor Pin B

Purple is the High-speed signal. Run this to Pin C on the wiper motor

Grey is Wiper Switch Signal 2 which goes to Pin D on the wiper motor

Dark Green is Wiper Switch Signal 1 which goes to Pin E on the wiper motor

Pink is the fluid motor pump supply wire. Connect this to the pump on the fluid bottle.

20150830_103817.jpg

It took me a while to get a wiring diagram, so I opened up the motor cover to try getting
    the info myself. There is not enough labeling on the circuit board to determine circuit
    paths, and using a mutli-meter wasn’t clear enough to make me comfortable. In any case,
    here are the guts of the motor. That plastic wheel and the cammed switch is how your
    wipers know where to park.
    20150830_103826.jpg
    If you’re uncertain, remove the hardware from the motor spindle and run the motor using
    low, or high speed circuit. When you switch to off, the spindle will rest in the home/park
    position. Now connect your hardware and wiper transmission (connecting rod). It will end
    up in this location.
    20150902_215541.jpg
    Clearance from the cowl is tight, but I managed to get about a ¼ inch of spacing without any
    Interference.
    20150902_215600.jpg
    The fuel filler hose still has me baffled. I’ve tried a few automotive suppliers for flexible, fuel
    Safe hose, but have come up empty handed. For the short term I’ll used the supplied FFR
    Hoses. Cutting them down at the large mouth end fits the filler cap assembly fairly well. Using
    a slip style, high tension clamp should prevent leaking at both ends. These types of clamps
    retain their shape as you tighten them and can handle higher tension forces.
    20150903_222206-1.jpg20150903_221737-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not bad for a rookie glass install! The trim looks great, and the glass is sitting flat.

Another shout out to Ron (Presto) for getting the body straight and allowing the
    glass to fit properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tino for the props.

Your so close to getting out on the street, keep on plugging away, can't wait for the finally on the road video

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You deserve it! It's a shame you don't live closer as we would be cruising this weekend. I have had many compliments on the tail lights, doors, and even the winshield.

All of which had some massaging with your crafty hands.

If I could only have you here for the hood adjustment and paint, my life would be complete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah another buildcation or ......

Slap some tags and insurance on that bad boy and drive here and we'll really take of you

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today was my first drive since last season. I've been working hard to get the car prepped for the weekend in order
    to meet up with "TwinTurboGTM" (Scott), and also attend a car cruise. The test was cut short due to steering and
    shifting problems.

I thought that maybe an alignment and eliminating interference with the wheel arcs would cure the clicking
    that had been felt when turning lock-to-lock. In fact, the universal joint on the steering link was installed at too much
    of an angle. It is causing the u-joint to bind when rotated. I'm not sure how I'll resolve this, but it needs to be
    addressed.

Going into 2nd, 4th, and 6th gear is difficult. Sometimes the shifter will pop out. This is probably a shifter cable adjustment,
    and/or clutch bleed. The slave will have to be removed and flipped right side up to get the air out properly. Re-installing it
    will be loads of fun. The G96 has a preloaded fork which is tough to depress.

The tunnel insulating worked out really well. The heat is almost non-existent aside from what is escaping from the engine
    cover area (I don't have that screwed down yet). Worst case, I'm planning to vent the lower tunnel cover if more cooling
    is required.

Lastly, the ventilation fan is a bit on the warm side. Probably because the main fan is open to the under-hood heat. I'm sure
    I read that someone (Shane?) developed a cover to isolate the fan from the heat.

That is all for now. Not a very good impression for this time around, but a few days to get my "stuff" together yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the spirit! Drive it!

Great job man.

It's the car you earn ownership of. You built it ! Well done.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Fantistic

X4 What John said. You got her out of the shed that is a very huge

Enjoy

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Right on guys. It's never as bad as it seems.

What I thought would be an intense modifcation turned around quite quickly.

By adding a second u-joint on the steering cloumn, the maximum
    angle was cut from about 60 degrees down to 20 degrees (approx.).

You can see in this image that the angle is severe:
    20150917_004021_21958.jpg
    The end result:
    20150917_004021_2305.jpg
    Had the previous owner not welded a portion of the shaft, I may have
    completed the task in half the time.

The shift action should be better as the rear cable bracket was adjusted
    about 1/4" to the back allowing the transaxle lever to lock fully.

Lots of testing to come this weekend, and possibly a car show Sunday.
    Hopefully the primer, and pin holes shine bright with the morning sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had the car out for a good 20 minute drive. Up to 80 Km/H with no problems.
    My steering wheel needs to be rotated 45 degrees because of the u-joint modification.
    Other than that, everything felt good.

Here's a quick video from the interior. Don't you love the sound of these action cams?

The weather is looking good for the car show tomorrow. Hoping to get on the highway for some higher speed testing as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This morning was amazing, and humbling all at once. Meeting the car club members and their amazing cars was awesome. The GTM received a good deal of attention and many questions were answered. Some were no stranger to Factory Five and their line up of kits. As for the GTM, we need to step up our game just a touch. I was hesitant to bring the car because of the half completed state and primer finish. There were many genuine comments, but I saw some snickers from a few. My bad for being over anxious to sit amongst the supercars!

After 2.5 hours of high speed cruising, I really got a sense of how much more work is still required. Hitting the highway gives you a benchmark of how good your home alignment really is. For the most part the steering felt tight until hitting bumps at 120 Km/H, then the car wanted to skip over (or at least it felt that way). At no point did it feel like I lost control, however knowing things weren’t perfect kept me tentative and more alert. It was certainly easier to turn right, than left which indicates a camber/toe bias. Hopefully the tires didn’t wear too badly.

A warning to the G96.00 users: let me say the stock gearing is terrible. If you’re planning on installing one “out of the box” you may want to think again. On the highway, the RPM is about 2700 which is excessive in my opinion. 1st gear goes like a blur and 6th gear hardly feels like overdrive with the ease of acceleration. Do yourself a favour and drop the ring/pinion to a lower 3 series ratio.

Glasspack straight through mufflers make conversation near impossible. One of the first things I’ll be changing is the exhaust setup. Even at the cost of some power, it needs to be quieter for my liking. If anyone has recommendations on quiet mufflers, please list them!

The only issue that soured the drive was an over-active EVAC system. There was quite a bit of oil getting drawn out of the engine creating a smoke show. I’ll have to make a better baffle, but otherwise the system generates a great deal of low pressure for PCV.

On the way home we stopped for fuel and topped up the oil for safe measure. Filling the tanks is a bit of a task because of the fuel splash out the neck. In my case, I had to ease on the nozzle trigger to reduce fuel flow. Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying. Maybe some smaller fuel caps will reduce the splash.

Here is a link to the car show. Over 150 cars participated including a McLaren and an Aventador!

https://www.facebook.com/tino.deside..._album_comment

A short video of the finish. It was the coolest part of the show to hear all of these engines firing up at once!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great show with a lots of high end cars. You should be proud of yours because you BUILT IT. Most of theirs were bought. Keep up the good work and if you're ever south of the border give me a call.

Steve
    315-576-4792

Post Thanks / Like
    Tino,
    I have had mine in primer sitting on supercar row at Coffee and Cars with similar feedback.
    Real car guys saw it as a work in progress and were very encouraging while I did hear mine referred once as a “Rat Rod Supercar” from someone whose primary mode of transport was his parents .
    Be very proud of what you have done.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tino,

With the fix below, do you think that this sort of thing could suffice?

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph.../s0012/FR2594#

Right on guys. It's never as bad as it seems.

What I thought would be an intense modifcation turned around quite quickly.

By adding a second u-joint on the steering cloumn, the maximum
    angle was cut from about 60 degrees down to 20 degrees (approx.).

You can see in this image that the angle is severe:
    20150917_004021_21958.jpg
    The end result:
    20150917_004021_2305.jpg
    Had the previous owner not welded a portion of the shaft, I may have
    completed the task in half the time.

The shift action should be better as the rear cable bracket was adjusted
    about 1/4" to the back allowing the transaxle lever to lock fully.

Lots of testing to come this weekend, and possibly a car show Sunday.
    Hopefully the primer, and pin holes shine bright with the morning sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sressue View Post
    Looks like a great show with a lots of high end cars. You should be proud of yours because you BUILT IT. Most of theirs were bought. Keep up the good work and if you're ever south of the border give me a call.

Steve
    The show was excellent! My buddy and I estimated about $12 million in car value sitting in the parking lot; an insane level of machinery for sure!

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of how far this car has come along, but I felt awkward parked next to such 'pretty' cars having essentially guide coat
    for paint and tie wraps holding my rear-view camera. No regrets though, I'd do it again.

Thanks for the offer to meet up. I'm not in the USA often, but I'll keep your contact handy. As always if you're in the Toronto area, be sure to look
    me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser D View Post
    Tino,
    I have had mine in primer sitting on supercar row at Coffee and Cars with similar feedback.
    Real car guys saw it as a work in progress and were very encouraging while I did hear mine referred once as a “Rat Rod Supercar” from someone whose primary mode of transport was his parents .
    Be very proud of what you have done.
    I consider your car light years ahead of mine at this point. You've done a great job with the engine upgrade and body work mods! I'll be stealing those rear heat vents
    for mine.

Hey Tino,

With the fix below, do you think that this sort of thing could suffice?

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph.../s0012/FR2594#
    Tom, that looks like a good solution, however in my case I think the angle of the joints would be excessive being so close together.
    Tough to say without testing; the price is also more than double.

Are you getting a click when turning?
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 09-22-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah unfortunately

I thought i had fixed the problem but obviously not. The angle is simply much too steep and i get a little bit of binding when i turn the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Another 80 KMs on the clock this afternoon. The alignment feels much better, but it will certainly need a computer to get it right. As soon as next season breaks I'll be setting up for a full suspension tune
    Including four corner scaling.

Damn does it ever get hot in the cabin without the rear firewall closeouts. It's not the safest thing to attempt, so I will be tending to that next.

If you bought used window regulators and have trouble lining up your windows,
    make sure the brackets are riding on the correct side of the rail.
    For whatever reason, one of the brackets was mounted on the inside
    lip which is smaller than the outer lip. It prevents the bracket from reaching the top of the rail by nearly 2 inches.

Thanks to Shane for the troubleshooting tips as he saw my photos on social media.

Wrong side

Correct side
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 09-27-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The door panel buttons worked out really well and stay fastened nicely. There is only a minor hump through
    the vinyl covering, but I think some 1/4” foam padding will fix that and also give the door a better look.

What are your thoughts on the lens covers with screws? If I’m being honest with myself, I think it looks better
    on the GT40, but we’ll see how it pans out once there is some colour on the hood. I’m still torn between black
    light buckets, or colour matched.

Either way, there is optic grade silicone that can be used to make a transparent gasket. If applied properly, you
    would have to get up pretty close to notice it’s there. The only thing left is to clean up the edges and blend them
    into the buckets. Adding some tape along the lens and putting filler between the gaps will be the next step for body work
    over the Winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A first draft of a new layout for the LCD gauges. This was done using MS Paint so it looks a bit animated.
    This is definitely a better use of space, but it needs some high resolution graphics and nicer colour tones.

I'm checking out options to draw maps using the GPS co-ordinates and incorporate vehicle position, lap times,
    etc. Call me a geek, but I'm loving this stuff!

dash1.pngdash2.pngLCDi_bare.png

Closing out the firewall and hoping for a gas tight seal. I've done my best to add heat treatment, sound dampener, silicone, and foam gasket
    at most junction points.

I think the weakest link is the engine cover and the lexan window. Some modification is needed in my coolant hose routing
    to allow the engine cover more clearance to sit on the rails. A 90 degree elbow coming off the pump should be enough.

For those without side windows, what have you done to cover the area? I'd like to have some suede covers made. Probably
    not too difficult with a template.

The stereo amps are mounted and then I'll need ideas for rear speaker locations. I've seen some of you install enclosures
    between the seat and console that looks really nice. There aren't many options otherwise unless we insert speakers into
    the upper seat!
    20151008_170324-1.jpg20151008_204520-1.jpg20151008_205637-1.jpg20151008_205943-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sunday was the last car club cruise for the year. Being Thanksgiving long weekend it was a mild turn-out;
    approximately 60 cars attended. The weather was great and I figured it was safe to take the windowless
    GTM for a final appearance.

Despite being a smaller crowd, the car receive a great deal more attention. Proably because it stuck out
    like a sore thumb and people were uncertain about the type of car. As I was getting out, two guys approached
    the car thinking it was a GT40. He just happened to own a beautiful 2007 Ford GT. Unfortauntely my phone
    decided to delete about twelve photos which included the Ford GT, but you can see the hatch in the background
    of the first photo. The owner (Nick) was nice enough to open the doors and rear hatch to reveal the sexy
    supercharged beast beneath.

More photos here:

https://m.facebook.com/tino.desideri...4250544489148/
    Today is also the last time I'll take the GTM on a long cruise. 307 KMs since mid September! I have done enough
    road testing to know that I'm miles away from completiing the build. Installing the door windows and silencing
    the rattles, should keep me busy for the rest of the year.

I'm still feeling some heat coming off the main console area. After installng a heat sheild, and thermal
    wrap to block off the cooling hoses, I'm shocked at how warm the interior feels. The engine cover is definitely
    an issue, but perhaps a vented underbody cover is required?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Less than 10 hours of run time on this new set of wires and one of them is already
    broken. After inspecting the boot it appears to be only
    mechanically torn/stressed.
    There are no signs of arcing through the boot, or misfiring on the plug.

20151015_164459.jpg

For the short term I've added the stock aluminum sleeves to shield the heat. I moved
    the faulty wire to cylinder #7 for easy access/inspection. We'll see how it performs
    next season before swapping the entire set.

The last mod for the year goes to the oil/air separators. This should cure any smoke
    out the exhaust. Vibrant makes a nice looking product with a clear level tube.

Hooking up this mess with braided wire with such a short run from the valve cover is
    not going to be fun! I may have to forego the braid to get the flexibilty.
    catchcan.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 11-01-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What a crappy day for me, all because of haste on my part.

With sunny, dry weather far and few between lately, I wanted to get some tuning/logging
    done this afternoon.

I had loaded the original tune back in the PCM to start fresh. When I started the engine,
    it was running a bit rough (tune related), so I pulled the MAF sensor to smooth out the idle
    instead of setting the MAF to "Fail" and setting Frequency to zero (mistake #1).

Mistake #2 was not fully charging the battery before going for my joy ride. The car has
    been sitting for weeks, draining away. The battery was boosted just enough to crank the engine
    over, and then I relied on the alternator to charge the system while cruising around.

After hammering the throttle a few times, the PCM must have entered a region of a table where
    timing and/or fuel mixture was not configured properly. This is my theory based on the screen
    shots from HP Tuners. The engine shut off almost instantly as if I had cut power to the system.
    12193363_10154350905384148_6524857903857073406_n.jpg12191703_10154350905404148_1510633139273751115_n.jpg
    When trying to re-start, there wasn’t enough juice in the battery to crank the motor! There I
    was dead on the road, less than 1 KM from my house.
    My wife had to drive down the street with booster cables and 20 month old daughter in tow.

She did not like me very much in that moment. Thankfully, the car was revived and babied home
    for a good rest. No damage, just very inconvenient and embarrassing. I have a video with some
    decent engine tones, but the end is laced with a few choice words. It's probably not the best video
    to show off! :P

Last cruise of the season? No way that I can put it to rest on a low note!
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 11-08-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I miss visiting the forum and working on the car! It has been a rough 2nd half
    of the year and Winter cold isn't helping with motivation either.

This year I've treated myself to a little GTM art which will likely hang in the
    garage or my future man cave (whenever that happens!). Our little buddy
    Taz has some skillz!
    20151128_134648.jpg

Besides that I'm pretty much done with the LCD programming. I was a little
    lax on road testing and getting a real-time video uploaded, however that will
    happen soon.
    new_dash.jpg
    My next little task over the cold months is to draw up another skin to make
    my dash resemble an aircraft display. I think it'll be my favourite look!
    eis-engine-page-image.jpglcd_jet.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the shout out, my friend!
    Now I've got to get you into one of my guitars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    But, but, I play the drums!pearl_front.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    But, but, I play the drums!pearl_front.jpg
    Not by that picture. All I see is a nice looking drum set. Now if you were to throw up a video of you playing

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With the recent stranding of the GTM and now hard cranking by way of a high torque starter and Winter temperatures, I’m thinking it’s time to reassess
    my battery selection. Last year I swapped the battery for a smaller sized unit to facilitate removal.

By doing so, I think I’ve setup for failure. The current specs are: 75DT, 525 CCA at 0’F and 630 CCA at 32’F, 85 Reserve Capacity (ouch).

With most low compression motors and OEM starters, we can expect to see 130-145 amps of current draw (peak), with a continuous
    cranking current of
    100-120 amps.

The starter I’m using right now is a B&M 77106, high torque starter. It can draw up to 300 amps depending on the engine load with a
    continuous cranking current
    of 160-180 amps (again depending on engine particulars. IE: compression, friction, etc.).

I’d like to consider an Optima RedTop 75 that significantly increases the available current at 720 and 910 respectively for 0 and 32’F
    temperatures, with a reserve
    capacity of 100.

I’m sure this battery is miles above what I have now and more importantly will have the extra kick if I need to restart the engine many
    times within short charging
    periods.

I'm curious if anyone used/uses a smaller battery and survived long term?

P.S. Ron, no video for you!
    Last edited by LCD Gauges; 12-04-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

P.S. Ron, no video for you!
    Vid nazi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    Vid nazi!
    Well Mr. Tino knows the rules.....No Pictures or Video it didn't HAPPEN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad for a rookie glass install! The trim looks great, and the glass is sitting flat.

Another shout out to Ron (Presto) for getting the body straight and allowing the
    glass to fit properly.

What did you use for the glass trim? I have a 33 HR and I just installed it the way the manual has without any trim ..but I think it looks like crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about the late reply, I"ve been a bit removed from my car and forum lately. I"ll get you the part number for the glass trim ASAP.

For about the last week I've been setting up to take video of the LCD Display for the promo threads and advertising but my engine won't start!

I think my engine is done? The start solenoid engages, but won't crank. If I put in 1st gear and try to roll the car, it's stuck solid.
    My last drive was after the stall a few weeks ago. The engine was boosted, it started up without a problem and I drove it home.
    All fluids are topped up. The engine has never been stressed (overheated, over-rev'd).

I'm at a loss as to why it will not start. I've put two fully charged batteries in parallel, plus a 50 AMP charger, and the most it would
    yield was a "electrical buzz" and pull down the interior back-lighting.

What the hell is going on between shut down of my last test drive and this week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Seems like it's the starter AGAIN!

After inspecting the flywheel area as per Dave's suggestion, I found that the
    start gear was engaged to the teeth of the flywheel. I'd stay away from the
    MSD and B&M
    High Torque starters. There must be a design flaw (yes, I do
    have a heat
    shield and thermal material around the starter housing).

20150722_135800.jpg

It was tough to retract which is not normal because the clearance was set
    correctly.

After disengaging the starter, I was able to rotate the engine via the balancer
    bolt and long torque wrench. Just be sure, I put the transmission into 1st gear
    and rotated the motor from the balancer while watching the tires rotate.

The oil is drained and looks pretty much brand new (about 10 hours, 500KMs
    of use). With a magnet through the oil stream and oil filter, there was nothing
    odd to be found. That's a relief as the clutch stop was installed very early in
    the build process!

magnet.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Confirmed. Hopefully this is still covered under warranty.
    The crackling you hear is the arc off the solenoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    By Wednesday night I'll have the new starter installed and engine running. LCD functional video to come!

Check out what our BC buddy Taz drew for me. It's a GTM leading an Aventador across the finish line.
    How cool is that? With this drawing, I have enough
    to start a GTM shrine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A much more versatile unit with unlimited clocking positions, and side mounted posts. It's also a bit smaller which helps clearance with the exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great buddy. How does if feel (power wise) compared to mine?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast