Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holley Sniper vs FiTech by wallace18.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Holley Sniper vs FiTech by wallace18.

Ok here is what I went through the last 3 days. I am building an MK4 for a customer who bought a 427 engine/transmission package from Blueprint. See build thread link below. I installed everything and had a terrible time getting the engine to start and run at idle. I ended up reprogramming the Sniper from scratch. Finally got it to idle somewhat decent and take the gas good. I went to install the Cobra air cleaner Blueprint supplied and the engine shut off. Take the air cleaner base off and the engine would start only if you gave it 1/4 throttle. Multiple phone calls and emails including a video of what is happening to Blueprint later they had me rewire everything differently then I normally do. This is my 14th FFR kit. To make a long story short I decided to buy a 600HP FiTech unit and install it instead of the sniper. In 5 minutes I had the engine running perfect and with the air cleaner on. Evidently the Sniper is very touchy about RF interference. The air cleaner base was a big RF antenna to the Sniper unit. No such problems with the FiTech unit. Did I get a bad Sniper? Who knows for sure, even the experts are puzzled on this one. I can tell you from my experience the FiTech is so much easier in every way to me. I am sure some will have to say the love their Sniper. Not me, LOL. I will say Blueprint tried their best to help out but it is hard to fix this stuff over the phone. I was looking at the data from the Sniper and it was always something different. Just my 2 cents worth on this subject. Here is the video of the shut off.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-by-wallace18

Last edited by wallace18; 05-16-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spell

2. Thanks erlihemi thanked for this post