This is the last hurdle before the body goes on. Consequently, I'm motivated to get this fixed quickly. Maybe you have some ideas?

Background: Gen 2 coyote. Vintage gauges.

Issue: water temperature does not register. No movement on the gauge itself.

So far, I have traced the wire from the sender (which appears to be connected properly) back to the gauge. I disconnected the gauge from the sender wire and plugged in the multi-meter to the connector that goes to the sender. When the car is cold, the multi-meter registers 1 ohm.

Next - start the car. Let it run. Fan comes on. Multi-meter registers 0 ohms. Plug the connector (at the gauge) together, and nothing.

Shut the engine off, let it cool. After 6 minutes or so, the multi-meter registered .2. If I turn the headlights on, the gauge lights up, so we know the light circuit and ground to the gauge are OK.

Possible scenarios:
1. The operator has no clue what he is doing with a multi-meter. (quite possible)
2. Sender is not good.
3. There is a bad connection somewhere along the line.
4. The gauge itself is bad, but I find this highly unlikely.

I appreciate your thoughts and opinions, even if it proves I am an idiot. I just want to get this resolved. Thanks.

oh, btw, I labeled the wires when I first installed them, as the oil sender wire looks exactly like the water sender wire (and they're right next to each other.) the wires plugged in to the water gauge are actually labeled "oil". So why don't I just switch it? They were originally connected to the correct gauge according to my label, but the oil pressure gauge wasn't working. So I swapped them and all of a sudden, the oil gauge looked pretty darn good. So, I concluded I labeled them incorrectly. Heck, this all took place 9 months ago, so who knows! Just thought I'd mention that. There are some things I actually do understand and know pretty well. Clearly, this is not one of them.