FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CNC Clutch Slave Cylinders

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like

CNC Clutch Slave Cylinders

This is it, the last 5 of the CNC 7/8" (also have 4 3/4") slave cylinders. Any one looking to get one of these for there build before they are gone, or just a spare in case it ever fails on you.

Give us a call before they are all gone
    (508)-875-0016

IMG_1853.JPG
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,
    This is the one that you just sent me. What's the brand and size of it? Any significant difference between it and the CNC ones you mention above?
    Thanks!
    David
    Last edited by dncharo; 05-17-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    MK4 Roadster #9138
    Blueprint 427 with Sniper EFI, TKO600, IRS, complete kit
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I called and spoke to Mike earlier today with essentially the same question. The slave cylinder you have (which is the same as what I have) is his new design as of a few months ago that replaced the CNC slave cylinder. You're good to go, and don't need to worry about stocking up on a spare CNC slave cylinder. What you (and I) have is plentiful and readily available. Not really sure about brand or specs. It must be different internally though, as it came with a 13/16 Wilwood master, which is different than the 1-1/8 master that the old CNC slave cylinders came with.

Edit: I should also add that Mike mentioned that he redesigned the mounting bracket for the new slave, so it's not a direct swap for the CNC slave.
    Last edited by JohnK; 05-17-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that info John. Makes sense because my Wilwood master is also 13/16. Still, it would be nice to know the brand and size so that if we ever need to replace it we could find the right part.
    I’m really enjoying your build thread by the way! Looks great!!
    David
    MK4 Roadster #9138
    Blueprint 427 with Sniper EFI, TKO600, IRS, complete kit
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David. I appreciate it. How's your build coming along? It's very cool that you have your dad and your son involved.

I agree - I'd love to have some more info on the new slave cylinder. My guess is that it's a Dorman part, but I tried to google the numbers on the markings without luck. Hopefully, Mike will chime in.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m confused lol Are the CNC slaves just nicer looking machined slaves (like Speedway) as opposed to the cast looking ones that David and John have?
    Also a question for David and John, or Mike.... I’ve seen both a steel and machined aluminum slave mounting bracket.
    Planning on a TKO 600 so I’m curious what trans and bracket you two have. Or Mike, what are you making/shipping now?

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kurt,

Yes, I believe the CNC slaves were pretty much just prettier-looking slaves. CNC went out of business (owner retired) recently, so Mike had to come up with a new design for the hydraulic clutch setup. I ordered from Mike back in early March and apparently got one of the early units of the new design. Here's what I received. This is for a TKO600 + Gen 2 Coyote combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John,

Kind of what I thought on that. Speedway sells a prettier looking slave but I guess a pretty slave isn’t a big deal lol
    My main concern was the bracket. Hopefully it’s the same kind of bracket for a SBF.
    Thanks again

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike... are rebuild kits available?
    If not, I'm guessing brake wheel cylinder parts would work... thoughts?
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Mike... are rebuild kits available?
    If not, I'm guessing brake wheel cylinder parts would work... thoughts?
    Yes there are also rebuild kits available for the time being, However we don't have vary many.

The new Hydraulic brackets Have been redesigned for the replacement cylinder so we will continue to sell the hydraulic kit.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!