Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: California SB100 smog referee!

Post Thanks / Like

California SB100 smog referee!

6FC9EBA0-5A87-4E2E-84A5-C35202BB384D.jpeg

Just finished my SB100 and passed the first time. I would strongly recommend not going to the goldenwest college as I had problems with the referee with my first cobra. I went to Fullerton college referee and had a great experience, the referee was kinda strict but at the end was very pleasant and nice. Remember to make sure all your fluids are topped off, no leaks, and that your PCV system is correct and properly installed. The referee appointment took about 45 minutes, they issue the SB100 certificate at the time of appointment. Lastly, make sure you have all your DMV paperwork, receipts that were part of the DMV paperwork, CHP form, and your brake and lamp certificates when you go to the referee.
    Last edited by Mark1981; 05-19-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added PCV system

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Mark!

I agree on the negative Golden West experience!

I went to Rio Hondo and give them a solid thumbs-up as well.

If you follow this diagram (I embedded it), with exhaust-rated hose and SEALED breathers you should be OK:

Glad to see you passed my friend! How about a couple if pics of your car? Where did they mount the cert? At Rio Hondo I was able to mount it inside the cockpit, on the 2x2 inside the passenger compartment.

Congratulations!

When do you get plates?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David! Already received the plates the same day I went back to DMV. The referee asked me where I wanted to mount the SB100 cert, he was super nice allowing me to put in anywhere but I wanted it just above the Vin Plaque.

Here are a couple of pics of my engine on how I routed and installed the PCV system.EFA62221-7A43-4F81-AA47-0764854FE73B.jpgC3741A86-BF89-49DC-A6E6-F33B354BD496.jpgBC74CEBA-AC87-4C4A-9E01-071E90818547.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1981 View Post

I would strongly recommend not going to the goldenwest college as I had problems with the referee with my first cobra.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

I agree on the negative Golden West experience!
    Not saying that other locations aren't better or good, but my experience with Golden West College, Huntington Beach, although not a speedy process, went smooth. I documented it in my SB100 thread here https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-Registration . The Referee was slow, methodical, and unemotional. Never smiled once, but even though I showed up without my brake and light inspection completed, the process went without any glitches. The whole process was about an hour and 45 minutes, and probably 80% or 90% of that was the referee in his office, typing or doing whatever he does in his officer. The reason I went there is the closer one to my home was booked up. No regrets going there. It all worked. However, that was 2+ years ago now. Maybe it's changed.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread