BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Local paint shops experiences please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GTBradley,
    Quote: "It just would be nice to know what experiences people have had with a shop that has not done a kit car before."

FWIW, I had my car done by the local "Vocational Training Center" where they teach body work and paint. That was 17 years ago and the paint still looks like the day they delivered it. I have received many comments on how great my paint looks at several shows, including the Huntington each Cruise-In and the [old] Knotts Berry AHA show.

So in answer to your original inquiry, I've had GREAT experience with someone who has never done one of these cars before (mine was the first one they did, they are still doing them for local builders).

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    GTBradley,
    Quote: "It just would be nice to know what experiences people have had with a shop that has not done a kit car before."

FWIW, I had my car done by the local "Vocational Training Center" where they teach body work and paint. That was 17 years ago and the paint still looks like the day they delivered it. I have received many comments on how great my paint looks at several shows, including the Huntington each Cruise-In and the [old] Knotts Berry AHA show.

So in answer to your original inquiry, I've had GREAT experience with someone who has never done one of these cars before (mine was the first one they did, they are still doing them for local builders).

Doc
    There's an exception to the rule. Love the color.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.