Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My 94 Donor in MA

Post Thanks / Like

My 94 Donor in MA

Hi Guys,

I have a donor 94 GT Vert that has been in my family since it was purchased new and I have always in the back of my mind thought I would use it as a donor if it wasnt to past its time. Time has come that I have taken posession of that car again and now it sits in my garage. The idea was to drive the car in the summer for the next year or so and then start a build however after pulling some added wiring for lights out of the car today I noticed parts of the front frame missing so I wont be driving it again. Question is do I need to keep the car registered in my name to use it 1-2 years from now or does it not matter? I know there are requirements if you go the Pre 1971 route but what about the donor? If there are not I would just spend the summer pulling the parts out and get started with that.

What do you think?

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I would skip the donor route. That's just me. No it does not need to be registered in order to use it. If you insist on using it, buy a complete kit and just use the drivetrain.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike,

After posting this I read a lot of recent posts with this same dialog and I get the point. The idea is to just take what I have to, I would like to put in a IRS if I can as well not sure I can with MA rules. With the age of the vehicle I dont want any other components.

Post Thanks / Like
    The IRS will not affect anything in MA.
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you have a title for the donor, you can take as long as you want. Doesn't have to stay registered.
    John

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing right.