I'm a little way off from starting electrical work on my roadster, but I started looking into the fuel pump setup last night and that prompted many questions in my head. For the fuel pump I'm planning to do what several others have done for their Coyote setup: Pro-M hanger with Walbro 255lph pump. One way of wiring this setup is with Molex Perma-Seal step-down butt connectors. The "correct" crimper for these from Molex is ~$57. I don't normally need much of an excuse to buy new tools, but even I have a hard time justifying $57 to crimp two conectors. However, that got me to thinking that there are surely many other ring and spade terminals on the car (ground connections, etc), and if I were to standardize on Molex Perma-Seal for all of those then it probably makes sense to have the "right" crimper.

So I'm finally getting to my question. Those of you that have standardized on a few different types of connectors - what are you using? For all my lighting and general multi-pin wiring that needs to be weather resistant, I'm planning to use Weatherpak connectors, and I already have the correct crimper for those. For ring and spade (and the odd butt connector) are the Molex Perma-Seals a good choice? Lastly, is there a different type of multi-pin connector that's recommended for behind the dash and other interior connections that's less bulky than weatherpaks?

Thanks,
John