Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holley Sniper and Vintage Air

Post Thanks / Like

Holley Sniper and Vintage Air

It may be a long shot but I have a few wiring questions related to my Holley Sniper EFI system and my Vintage Air AC, heater and defrost system. If anyone has this same set-up maybe you can help.

Vintage Air:
    1. The Vintage Air system has a Purple wire that has to go to any "Key-On" source. Can I run this to the unused electronic choke wire in the FFR harness? Is that wire a "Key-On" wire? 2. The Vintage Air has a red wire and the instructions say to run it to the battery. Can I just connect this red wire to the "Heater" wire in the FFR harness? I assume that wire is for power?

Holley Sniper EFI:
    The Sniper wiring harness has an orange wire that is for the "Ground Triggered AC Relay" and a grey wire that is for the "Ground Side Trigger of AC shutdown relay". As I understand it, these are to prevent a drop in RPM's when the AC kicks on and to turn the AC off at wide open throttle. I have searched the Holley forum and got no real answer on how to wire these. I did conclude that a relay is required, but can't seem to find a diagram of what wires go where.

Any help will be most appreciated.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, on the purple wire. No on the heater wire. Not enough current capability. You can tie it in to one of the larger wires that has battery power though.

You really do not need the A/C kick up wire, IMO. The IAC will adjust when the A/C is on when you have the IAC tuned to specs. Be careful of the oval air cleaner on the Sniper. It can cause bad RF interference in the computer. Ask me how I know, LOL.