Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: drive shaft angle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

drive shaft angle

I have a 2018 33 kit with 3-link suspension, moser 8.8 rear axle, koni coil over shocks, coyote and tremec tko600 transmission. I wanted to adjust the ride height so I could also set my pinion angle on the drive shaft including spacers on the tranny mount. As of now I have a 1 ¾” spacer at transmission. I originally had a 1 ½” spacer but the gap under the u joint to floor pan was only ¼” so I added another spacer to get a ½” gap. What is a normal gap here?
    1. As of now I have ride height set at 5 ¼” in rear and 4 ¾” in front, allowing a ¼” extra since I don’t have body on or any other weight. In doing so I noticed the rear koni shocks are adjusted to max height, see picture.
    2. I used the tremec app plus a digital level app to measure drive angles, I’m way off.
    The tremec app shows .4/6.3/5.9 drive angle, the bubble app shows the trans angle at 3.6, driveshaft at 4.2 and differential at -2.8
    In order to get the transmission and differential parallel to each other within acceptable u-joint angles I need to rotate the differential up but as you can see in picture the axle bracket is now hitting the rear shock???
    Thanks in advance for any input you can give me.
    Attached Images Attached Images