Hi,

Brand new to the forum. I am looking to install a gen V L83 and six speed auto into my '63 Catalina convertible. Problem is the last car I built had an AFB Carb and points in the distributor. I need a stand alone ECM and wiring loom. I looked on line and found a couple of people that claimed to be able to supply them but the one I chose has proven to be a crook. I don't know if I am allowed to mention their name but they are in Ovid Michigan. I sent them my ECM and over $1100.00 in March and to date nothing. They will not answer a phone call or e mail. I have found a new ECM on ebay but need a REPUTABLE vendor to program it for stand alone usage. Hoping that you have that person in your data base.

I purchased a wrecked '15 Silverado from an insurance salvage yard with 140,000 miles on the clock and am wondering about the advisability of removing all the variable displacement hardware while the engine is on the garage floor. What would that entail and would it be worth it, or should I leave it functioning as my primary objective is fuel economy. The Indian runs fine the way it sits and I would have no hesitation driving it across the country except it wants premium fuel at 12 MPG. Don't know about the rest of the country but premium fuel in So. Cal is ranging between 4.25 and 4.50.

Any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.