Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member in KS

Post Thanks / Like

New member in KS

Hi all! I'm David, and live in Kansas City. My wife and I recently had the opportunity to purchase an older MkII Roadster (one that I actually painted years ago for the original owner. My wife and I visited Factory Five while we were on our honeymoon in 2017, had the opportunity to meet Dave Smith and a number of the other staff, and my wife really liked the idea of building a Factory Five car together in our home garage, giving her the opportunity to learn and be hands on with one of our projects. About a year and a half later, a client approached me about helping him sell off his Factory Five car and all of the spares that go with it. He had ordered the car as a challenge car, but spec-ed IRS, made a number of modifications to the body and chassis, and had campaigned the car in the Midwest region SCCA as a GT1 car between 2005 and 2012. I agreed to buy the car from him, along with helping him sell a bunch of the race spec pieces, as our plan is to convert the car to street spec. I own a restoration and hot rod shop in Kansas City, and my goal is to as closely as possible replicate a 289 private competition car. I have ordered a new body to my specifications from Bruce Chervenak in PA, and will receive it sometime in September. In the meantime, we will strip the car down to naked, change a number of things about the chassis and have it blasted and recoated, and have most of the drivetrain and suspension stuff built and ready to go. We are excited to finally own a Cobra, after working on quite a few of them, both replica and original over the past 15 years or more. I look forward to learning a number of things from the community here, as well as making contacts with like-minded enthusiasts around the country!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madness! I hope you and your family are unhampered by the storms ravaging your area. There is lots of knowledge on this forum and plenty willing to share it!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Roger