BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mendy Clutch Line Routing Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Mendy Clutch Line Routing Pics?

Hey guys,

I have the motor out on Shoeless GTM to swap around the cooling tubes in the tunnel and now would be the perfect time to route my clutch lines. I'm going with a Mendy Stage 2 on my LS3 and was wondering if anyone has some pics of the routing of their hard lines to the rear of the car and into the transaxle. Specifically where in the rear you ended the hardline and went to what I'm assuming will be a flex line to the transaxle. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any pic's handy, but ran my clutch line along with the brake line down to the center tunnel. Then split to the passenger side along the small cross brace in the bottom of the center tunnel that runs diagonally from front left to right ending on the passenger right rear of the tunnel. I ended about 3 1/2 inches from the front lower rear suspension mount on the passenger side. Then connected to the mendeola with I believe a 12 inch flex line that was recommend by Ian. Can send you pic's but it will be at least a week.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, here's my line for the g96. So in comparison, you are on the passenger side and stopped the hard line a few inches forward of mine?

MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think this will get me in the ballpark.

Steve,

If you do have pics and it’s not too much trouble I’d greatly appreciate you posting so I have an extra visual. Thanks again.

Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    That's something it might be worthwhile to get your clutch hard line ran most of the way and leave the end long until you get the engine and trans and exhaust installed so you can hook up your flex line to the clutch slave and see what your options are for routing it around the exhaust....
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's where we ran ours...

IMG00788-20150909-2204.jpg
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoeless here are some pics of mine down the passenger side, ending about 4 inches from the suspension mount. Drop me a PM if you want to talk about it.
    Steve
    20190610_160428.jpg20190610_160325.jpg20190610_160413.jpg20190610_160428.jpg
    Last edited by SteveE; 06-10-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are perfect SteveE, thanks for posting.

I'll have a little extra hard line here after looking at my routing plan this weekend. I'm getting really good at adding service loops so I'll do that to take up my extra slack.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a write up about the Clutch Slave Cylinder long time ago, the FFR one is too long and could push too far an break the tranny as it did for some people, I know some have put Clutch stop and so on but the real issue is the Clutch Slave Cylinder, so I replace it with real part. you can look for my post for the measurement if interested,

Porsche Clutch Slave Cylinder 95011623712

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KGTM View Post
    I had a write up about the Clutch Slave Cylinder long time ago, the FFR one is too long and could push too far an break the tranny as it did for some people, I know some have put Clutch stop and so on but the real issue is the Clutch Slave Cylinder, so I replace it with real part. you can look for my post for the measurement if interested,

Porsche Clutch Slave Cylinder 95011623712

Mostafa
    Hey Mostafa,

Just found your post on this, thanks for mentioning. Although I have read plenty on the clutch stop issue and fully plan on installing one, its nice to see other complimentary solutions for newer guys like me. There is so much info out there sometimes hard to find and being fairly new, some things you just don't know what to search for.

Thanks,
    Sean

11. Likes rolfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ran my clutch line down the tunnel with the brake lines. Came up the right rear side directly behind the top of the shock and into a 90 degree AN bulkhead fitting. Then fabbed a flex line from there to the transaxle going over the exhaust.