BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bushings. Poly or OEM Rubber?

Post Thanks / Like

Bushings. Poly or OEM Rubber?

Like the title says. What bushings are you guys using? how's the ride? I'm looking to build a street/track car. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstrother View Post
    Like the title says. What bushings are you guys using? how's the ride? I'm looking to build a street/track car. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

Dave, my 818 is a street track day car.

Front upper: All 818 (except lance's) use an aftermarket wishbone with nylon inserts.

Front lower: I use the oem bushings. My Theory: the 818 only has about 800 lbs on the front end. So no need for anything stiffer.

The rear uses a five links per wheel. The kit comes with 2 links that use rod ends. A lot of us have gone with rod ends for the 2 lower lateral links. I am still using the oem bushings for the lower trailing arm. Some are using a modified after market lower trailing arm to get more tire clearance.

rear.jpg front.jpg

bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 05-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, thanks for your input. I will keep it in mind during my build.