Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bushings. Poly or OEM Rubber?

Post Thanks / Like

Bushings. Poly or OEM Rubber?

Like the title says. What bushings are you guys using? how's the ride? I'm looking to build a street/track car. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstrother View Post
    Like the title says. What bushings are you guys using? how's the ride? I'm looking to build a street/track car. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave
    I think if you are going to track the car, harder than the OEM stockers is a requirement. Anything that makes the can slower to respond to input on a track is in my experience - no help at all. The readily available and quite possibly cheaper option would be the poly bushings. If you don't mind some periodic maintenance there I personally don't see a down side. Not quite as sharp but lower in maintenance might be the Group N OEM higher durometer rubber bushings. And by maintenance I mean periodic refreshing of lubricant on the poly bushings to stave off insanity inducing squeaks.

My .02
    ss

3. Thanks Kiwi Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bro, I'm sure I'll do the Poly's. I was just concerned about ride quality on the street. I've never had Poly bushings on anything.