Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Funny Story

Post Thanks / Like

Funny Story

This morning after Cars and Coffee in Bonita my daughter and I rode out to Fort Rosecrans Military Cemetery to visit the graves of my parents. When we arrived we found that entrances were closed to vehicles and there was hundreds of Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and other volunteers placing flags on every grave. I parked on the street and a Naval officer ran across the road to tell me "the C*bra is my favorite car of all time", "is it a Factory Five" and "I'm going to build one when I retire", he was really excited. He asked if he could take a picture of the car with his daughter, I said, "of course, let me get out and she can sit in the drivers seat". He yelled to his daughter "Shelby, come here!". THAT was funny.

John

2. Likes Sigurd, Boydster, Geoff H, WIS89, Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is excellent. My SIL is named Austin and his brother is Lucas. Guess you could say their parents are enthusiastic about British cars. They currently drive a real Mini.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roadscholar View Post
    This morning after Cars and Coffee in Bonita my daughter and I rode out to Fort Rosecrans Military Cemetery to visit the graves of my parents. When we arrived we found that entrances were closed to vehicles and there was hundreds of Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and other volunteers placing flags on every grave. I parked on the street and a Naval officer ran across the road to tell me "the C*bra is my favorite car of all time", "is it a Factory Five" and "I'm going to build one when I retire", he was really excited. He asked if he could take a picture of the car with his daughter, I said, "of course, let me get out and she can sit in the drivers seat". He yelled to his daughter "Shelby, come here!". THAT was funny.

John
    Thanks for the nice story on a great weekend.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017