Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member Ocean Springs, MS

Post Thanks / Like

New member Ocean Springs, MS

Hi all. First post on this forum. There is an outside chance given the 818 Subaru-based kit and general love for vehicles that some of us may have already shared some forum space. I caught the Subaru bug about two decades back, I still view the symmetrical AWD as an engineering medal of some kind. I was on NASIOC when it was still i-Club if anyone remembers that far back. Also a member at LegacyGT.com. I'd like to think I contributed to the efforts in making the cars all they could be - I'd like to think some of my postings likely helped them some stop a little better - pre-EBD at least. I sold my Subaru, an Outback XT 5-speed last year - I just didn't have time for the EJ life anymore. I am willing to try to fix most things - but the later model Subies struggle with letting you get a wrench in edgewise - literally - IMO. You might have also seen me on the Ford Truck forums, my work truck F250s turned into my daily drivers with the real estate recovery so we are back to a 2 vehicle family now and that is pretty much unacceptable because neither of them are particularly fun to drive - on a street anyway. I want a sharp fun car to drive I have the willingness and hopefully ability to try to assemble one from parts.

So - happy to be here and at this time I am after an 818 - sorta - and that's a big sorta and for another thread in the 818 General Discussion section I believe.

ss

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Roger

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Suby-Doo,

You've got a four family members to the West of you.
    Three are in the Dell, Slidell that is and one in Mandeville over here in Louisiana.
    Also, there is a Factory-5 Guru in Alabama who you may want to reach out to. (Wayne Presley)
    Wayne is a professional builder and from what I understand he has built Every Factory Five Model, including a few of 818's.
    I only met the gentleman once at Cruising the Emerald Coast and he impressed the heck out of me because he was a super nice fellow.

Check out his website below:
    http://verycoolparts.com/

Welcome Aboard Brother!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.