BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: EFI in tank fuel system

Post Thanks / Like

EFI in tank fuel system

I am going with the Fitech Go Street EFI on a 330 HP blueprint 347 for my roadster. The FFR EFI in tank fuel system at $549 seems rather pricey if it contains only the pump and pickup, fuel pressure regulator and hoses, which is what I've been told. I don't need the pressure regulator, since the Fitech does that, so I am wondering, is it better to buy the EFI fuel pickup from FFR and buy the pump and hoses separately? Or is there something to the FFR EFI in tank system that I am missing? I am already at over 36 grand for the kit so far, so I am trying to cut cost wherever it is possible....

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
    I am going with the Fitech Go Street EFI on a 330 HP blueprint 347 for my roadster. The FFR EFI in tank fuel system at $549 seems rather pricey if it contains only the pump and pickup, fuel pressure regulator and hoses, which is what I've been told. I don't need the pressure regulator, since the Fitech does that, so I am wondering, is it better to buy the EFI fuel pickup from FFR and buy the pump and hoses separately? Or is there something to the FFR EFI in tank system that I am missing? I am already at over 36 grand for the kit so far, so I am trying to cut cost wherever it is possible....
    I buy a 93 Mustang fuel pump assembly from Rock Auto and use the steel lines and filter that comes with the FFR kit. Then just buy fittings and hoses to the FiTech. I have done this on several FFR kits I have built with great success.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if I understand you correctly, something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-HP1014...ype=automotive

Then ditch the EFIin tank fuel system from FFR, and all I need are hoses to connect the Fitech to the steel lines, the rest will be in the kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    So if I understand you correctly, something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-HP1014...ype=automotive

Then ditch the EFIin tank fuel system from FFR, and all I need are hoses to connect the Fitech to the steel lines, the rest will be in the kit?
    That is correct. You will need adapters from the steel lines to the AN #6 hoses to the FiTech.You can get them from Summit or Speedway. The FFr kit comes with the high pressure hoses from the tank to the filter and filter to the steel lines. The FFR MK4 kit basically has what is needed to hook up to normal Mustang Ford EFI system. You can easily adapt to the Fi Tech.
    Last edited by wallace18; 05-29-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the info i needed, thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    My fuel pump hanger includes a 5/16" feed and a 1/4" return. I used the F5-provided fuel system parts* to get to the engine compartment. Then I used Earl's reducers, tube nuts, & tube sleeves on the F5-provided hard lines to marry up to Earl's 6AN super stock braided soft lines. Note that you'll have to flare the F5-provided hard lines to 37* (the AN standard) as opposed to the stock 45*. The part numbers are:

5AN Reducer: EAR-991907ERL
    5AN Tube Nut: EAR-581805ERL
    5AN Tube Sleeve: EAR-581905ERL

4AN Reducer: EAR-991906ERL
    4AN Tube Nut: EAR-581804ERL
    4AN Tube Sleeve: EAR-581904ERL

Cheers,

John

*BE SURE TO CHECK what filter is acceptable for your Fitech; my Holley system required a 10u filter. As I recall, the F5-provided filter was 15u; I replaced it with a Wix 33097.
    Last edited by phileas_fogg; 05-30-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    My fuel pump hanger includes a 5/16" feed and a 1/4" return. I used the F5-provided fuel system parts* to get to the engine compartment. Then I used Earl's reducers, tube nuts, & tube sleeves on the F5-provided hard lines to marry up to Earl's 6AN super stock braided soft lines. Note that you'll have to flare the F5-provided hard lines to 37* (the AN standard) as opposed to the stock 45*. The part numbers are:

5AN Reducer: EAR-991907ERL
    5AN Tube Nut: EAR-581805ERL
    5AN Tube Sleeve: EAR-581905ERL

4AN Reducer: EAR-991906ERL
    4AN Tube Nut: EAR-581804ERL
    4AN Tube Sleeve: EAR-581904ERL

Cheers,

John

*BE SURE TO CHECK what filter is acceptable for your Fitech; my Holley system required a 10u filter. As I recall, the F5-provided filter was 15u; I replaced it with a Wix 33097.

Thanks John, great info. I guess I'll have to invest in a 37* die turret for my flare tool now. I'll make sure to check the filter requirements too.

Btw, I just read in an article that you havet to go up to 3/8 feed and return lines if the engine makes more than 300 hp. Seems odd to me that FFR would supply fuel lines that are so limited. I plan on running around 320-340 hp, should I really switch fuel lines??

Øystein.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John, great info. I guess I'll have to invest in a 37* die turret for my flare tool now. I'll make sure to check the filter requirements too.

Btw, I just read in an article that you havet to go up to 3/8 feed and return lines if the engine makes more than 300 hp. Seems odd to me that FFR would supply fuel lines that are so limited. I plan on running around 320-340 hp, should I really switch fuel lines??

Øystein.
    I have run 400 Hp with the supplied steel lines with no problem. Unless you are going to race the car and have extended WOT it will not be an issue, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I have run 400 Hp with the supplied steel lines with no problem. Unless you are going to race the car and have extended WOT it will not be an issue, IMO.
    Kinda what I thought as well. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thought (and probably a less expensive / less time consuming one): Take a look at the offerings from Breeze. Mark has a number of products that are probably more elegant solutions, including this: https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...n-adapter-kit/. That item appears to replace the Earl's components I listed, and with no flare (of any type) required. But call *(508-533-6455) or email ([email protected]) Mark to be sure!

And if you're concerned about capacity, you can use Breeze components to marry up your fuel pump hanger to 3/8" supply & return hard lines (which are pretty cheap here in the states, and available at almost any auto store).

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't the FI Tech come with fuel lines, pump ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    The timing of this thread couldn't be better!!
    I spent almost all of yesterday.. hummin' and hawin' about switching over to a FiTech setup (or Sniper, or even the Summit Max500 which is made by FiTech for Summit).
    Jegs by the way, as the black EFI-4 600 on for only $829. Add in a few more parts I need, and I came to $1007.. which is the tipping point for the Jeggs $100 discount. (Though I intend to see if Summit will match)
    Anyway... When I did my carb based build, I installed both of the FFR fuel hard lines. the 5/16OD and the 1/4OD lines. Thinking one day I might go to EFI. Not really thinking about tube size.
    So.. you're sayin' those lines can handle a mild 302s (<350hp) fuel requirements for a FiTECH setup?
    In my build, I also pulled out the stock mustang in-tank fuel pump, and replaced it with a Spectra in-tank 60GPH@6psi pump.
    Which will need to be replaced with something that can make +40GPH@60psi. This is the part I'm having the biggest problem with.
    Do I get an aftermarket 190lph pump that can do 100psi? And risk overwhelming the 1/4 return line? Or.. just a stock mustang EFI pump, that I understand maxes out at 60psi and I think free flows at 30gph.
    Last edited by skidd; 05-31-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    2016 MK4 | '99 Explorer 5.0 | E303&600cfm carb | T5z + 3.55 | 3-link | SN95 | PB/PS | FR500 17" 315&275 |

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't speak to the Fitech system, but Forte provided me a Walbro GSS242 (190lph) pump to feed my Holley Terminator system. It seems to run just fine with the 5/16" feed and 1/4" return (but I've only got 1300 miles so far).

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631

Post Thanks / Like
    That's promising. Looks like the Terminator system relies on 48psi of fuel. Only 10psi less than the FiTech. I can't seem to find any info on the max PSI of that walbro pump.
    Walbros site indicates the GSS2xx is a 190lph model. And the GSSx42 is a "high pressure" (>100psi) model.
    So... I'd guess the GSS242 is a 190lph HighPressure pump.
    According to Walbros web site, their 255lph will flow 50gph @ 60psi @ 12v. I would think it fair to expect their 190lph (75% of 255) to flow 45(ish)gph at 60psi.
    More than enough flow for my 302.
    So.. all that said.. if that pump isn't overwhelming your FPR set to .. I assume.. 48psi. It will surely not overwhelm the FiTech set to 58psi, since that will be slightly less flow.
    Starting to look like TB-EFI is in my future.

*edit*
    Finally found info on that GSS242 pump.
    Looks like it has a max of 50psi. Fine for the terminator at least.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v...42bx/overview/
    Last edited by skidd; 05-31-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    2016 MK4 | '99 Explorer 5.0 | E303&600cfm carb | T5z + 3.55 | 3-link | SN95 | PB/PS | FR500 17" 315&275 |

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a comment without getting into the merits of one size pump or the other, fuel line sizes, etc. All the discussion so far with this thread has been about xx fuel lines support xx HP or xx PSI. All good discussion. Just one more thing. A bigger pump isn't always better. The pump needs to match the fuel line sizes. Pushing too much fuel through small lines can cause the pump to fail prematurely. When I was doing the Coyote in-tank pump setup for #8674, there was some discussion about whether 190 lph or 255 lph was the right size pump. It depended on which instructions you chose to believe. I decided go ahead with the 255 lph (probably overkill...) but then found that Aeromotive only recommended 3/8-inch supply and return for that size pump. They said otherwise would stress the pump. So that ruled out the stock lines. At least I decided it did. I did the 3/8-inch supply and return and it's going strong in its third season. Based on that experience, have the same setup in my Gen 3 Coupe build. Not saying something else also wouldn't have worked. Just make sure to consider all aspects.
    Last edited by edwardb; 05-31-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Øystein.

Your setup is much different than mine but I wanted to mention this as it may save you the same frustration I went through.

I installed 3/8" supply and return lines throughout from the get-go. All except for one seemingly unimportant small section on the return line at the fuel pump hanger. Didn't notice any specific issues at first, but as I accumulated more miles I began to notice some driveability gremlins such as surging on deceleration and hard starts when hot. Took a long time to track down the problem, which turned out to be that 3 or 4-inch section of 1/4" return line on the pump hanger (thanks to Chris at Pro-M for helping do the troubleshooting). Long story short, the restriction in the return line was preventing the fuel regulator from doing its job. The fuel regulator is itself a restriction, but if there's something in the system that's even more restrictive the regulator will not be able to accurately control the fuel pressure. End result: driveability problems. It's interesting to note that none of the problems I experienced occurred during times of peak fuel demand. Most of the issues occurred during times when the throttle was closed or nearly closed (deceleration and start up). And this makes sense from the standpoint that, during these low throttle events, almost all the fuel that's being supplied needs to be returned to the tank. An overly restrictive return line won't allow this to happen in a way that maintains constant fuel pressure.

I see from above that others have had success using the smaller FFR-supplied lines. So it's possible that for the system you intend to run they'll work just fine. But it's really only moderately more expensive and no additional work whatsoever to incorporate 3/8" lines at this point in your build. Think of the fuel lines as being part of the basic infrastructure the car needs to function properly, and which will also give you the added benefit of being able to support any fuel management system you may choose to run in the future. The car will have the infrastructure - the good bones - to go anywhere you end up taking it.

You’ll never regret having installed larger lines than you need but could very possibly regret going too small.
    --
    MKIV Roadster #8641
    Complete Kit with IRS, Eaton Detroit Truetrac, 3.55 gears, Wilwood Brakes
    Ford Racing Z427 w/ Pro-M Sequential Port EFI System
    TKO 600 + McLeod Midshifter; Fast Freddie's Electro-Hydraulic power steering
    Miller Customs Bodywork & Paint

Post Thanks / Like
    One feature of the FiTech that might help is it's built in PWM fuel pump control. It can be set at Low, Med and High flow rates.

https://fitechefi.com/wp-content/upl...thpictures.pdf

I'm going to try hard to correctly size the fuel pump so as to not overwhelm the FPR. But now I'm going to be sure to pick a PWM capable pump too. I don't want to, but I know if I really need to, I can upgrade the 1/4" hard line to 3/8", and use the 5/16 as a return... oh.. yeah.. and modify the pump hanger since it has a 3/8 outlet, but only a 1/4 inlet.
    Last edited by skidd; 06-02-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I played with the PWM on the Fitech and could not get it work correctly. It’s better left alone and to the pros.
    Mark4 - 331 Stroker - Fitech 600 -TKO600 - Moser 3.55

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to see what I do after I get the kit, but i am leaning towards putting in larger lines in from the get go. Might as well, it's not killing the budget, and I am not in a hurry...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brewha View Post
    I played with the PWM on the Fitech and could not get it work correctly. It’s better left alone and to the pros.
    Did you have a PWM compatible pump? Seems like there are quite a few that are not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to see what I do after I get the kit, but i am leaning towards putting in larger lines in from the get go. Might as well, it's not killing the budget, and I am not in a hurry...
    If I had to do it all again, I'd definitely run 3/8" feed & 3/8" return hard lines. As you say, the cost is almost insignificant (<$15 per line here in the states), plus you may be able to find a long enough hard line that you don't need a union under the car.

Up front, running the larger lines means you don't need the tube sleeves or reducer fittings (though you'd still need some AN6 female fitting on the hard lines). In the back for the feed, I'd go with 3/8" soft line to a 3/8" in/out filter (10u or whatever your EFI requires), and then figure out whatever quick disconnects you need to get from the 3/8" filter to the fuel hanger output. In the back for the return, I'd go with whatever Mark at Breeze recommends to marry a 3/8" return to whatever your fuel hanger has. After the car is built and cash flow is not so tight, you can always upgrade to the Pro M hanger: http://www.promracing.com/fuel-suppl...-mustangs.html.

So now you've got two paths: one you know will work (post #6), or blaze your own (combination of the rest). This is what makes each build unique; no wrong answers, just your own judgement.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Fitech and 475 HP. The 5/16 lines are not giving enough fuel. I have to change to a Walbro 255 and 3/8 lines.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skidd View Post
    Did you have a PWM compatible pump? Seems like there are quite a few that are not.
    The pump I used was a Walbro 190. It can draw up to 18 amps which is more than Fitech can serve(15 amps). I tried it anyways and saw what I thought was fuel deprivation at different rpm. I’m sure it was caused by not having enough learning time, but after I saw diagnosing the fuel delivery would require a pressure gauge in line and and a meter in line to measure voltage, I changed back.

I got the Fitech because I wanted the fuel system to be simpler.

My fuel pump runs off a relay and the Fitech controls the relay. The PWM is set to 99 so its shut off. I have 3/8 feed and 5/16 return lines. So far it runs great. I made changes to the decel settings because of popping during shifting. I believe the initial factory settings are for automatic transmissions and I was too impatient to wait for unit to learn...
    Last edited by brewha; 06-02-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    Mark4 - 331 Stroker - Fitech 600 -TKO600 - Moser 3.55

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMRobAZ View Post
    I have the Fitech and 475 HP. The 5/16 lines are not giving enough fuel. I have to change to a Walbro 255 and 3/8 lines.
    When I dyno'd your engine for Brandon we used an aeromotive pump with a -6 outlet. So nothing in the fuel system on the car was tested. Were you monitoring fuel pressure and see a drop under load or how did you determine there was a supply problem?
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Update... I know what I'm doing now!!
    Part of me wants the 600hp version, so i can include timing control.
    Most of me doesn't want the 600hp version, because I don't really "need" timing control.
    My 85 Motocraft dizzy works perfectly. And my retrofit HEI ignition module is rock solid and cheap/easy to replace.
    I also only have well under 350hp, and no immediate plans to change that any time soon. At best I can imagine adding some better heads one day.

So... Just got off the phone with FiTech.. the 400hp version... Operates on only 42psi. Almost stock fuel pressures.
    Which pretty much means a totally stock Ford EFI pump and lines will work perfectly fine with the Street 400.
    No need now to change my already-installed hard lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car was not running right at higher HP. My mechanic put it on a dyno and called me to say the file pump and lines were too small. Went and looked at the specs and the 225 pump is not rated for the 485 HP.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    .. And... purchased.
    Just ordered everything I'd need from Summit a few minutes ago.
    - FiTech EFI 400hp version
    - A few AN fittings and other bits
    - DeatschWerks 9-201-1014 fuel pump.
    I wasn't anxious to go with a 255lph, but it fully supports PWM.. so.. I'm going to give that a try.
    I quite like the idea of reducing the strain on the pump at idle and low loads.
    Should all be here in a couple of days. Shipping Arlington TX to San Antonio TX.
    1 of the parts is coming out of Ohio. No big deal. I asked for an ETA, he said "Why? you need it by the weekend?". Nope.. would be nice, but not important.
    So he said.. well.. I'll just put the order on 2 day-air and waive the charge. (Just the Ohio Part)
    Oh yeah.. and my order came in at just a hair over $1k when I was done. I asked, and the sales guy knocked off $100 to match the current Jeggs promo.
    There is a reason I continue to buy from Summit.
    P.S. Guess what I'm doing this weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skidd View Post
    .. And... purchased.
    Just ordered everything I'd need from Summit a few minutes ago.
    - FiTech EFI 400hp version
    - A few AN fittings and other bits
    - DeatschWerks 9-201-1014 fuel pump.
    I wasn't anxious to go with a 255lph, but it fully supports PWM.. so.. I'm going to give that a try.
    I quite like the idea of reducing the strain on the pump at idle and low loads.
    Should all be here in a couple of days. Shipping Arlington TX to San Antonio TX.
    1 of the parts is coming out of Ohio. No big deal. I asked for an ETA, he said "Why? you need it by the weekend?". Nope.. would be nice, but not important.
    So he said.. well.. I'll just put the order on 2 day-air and waive the charge. (Just the Ohio Part)
    Oh yeah.. and my order came in at just a hair over $1k when I was done. I asked, and the sales guy knocked off $100 to match the current Jeggs promo.
    There is a reason I continue to buy from Summit.
    P.S. Guess what I'm doing this weekend!!

It'll be really interesting to see how the PWM works, keep us posted. Even if I do install bigger lines, I suppose using PWM may result in less wear on the pump, and maybe even the fuel pressure regulator??....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.. I'll be sure and let everyone know how I make out...
    .. especially when I make a last second change...
    I chose that DW200 fuel pump specifically because i really wanted to use the PWM feature of the FiTech.
    The fact that it was a 255lph pump flew in the face of why I went with the FiTech 400hp version.
    Why bother getting the one that runs on 42psi, when I'm getting a pump that is designed to handle high flow and high pressure?
    Not to mention, at the same voltage, a 255lph pump will actually flow less volume at higher pressure. Technically making it a better option for my smaller fuel lines.
    So.. called Summit back, and got them to switch to the 600hp version. They happily matched Jeggs price too. Literally only $30 more for so much more.
    Who knows.. one day I might swap in a 347 or something, then I'll be happy I have the bigger FiTech.
    While I accept I don't need, nor plan to have it do Timing Control.. at least I still have that option one day if I change my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update.. finished the FiTech 600 install today. So far, so good. Haven't had a chance to do much more than drive around the block, but.. it fires right up and idles nice and smooth.
    Now.. as for the pump... the DW200 255lph seems to be working just fine so far. I have it wired into the FiTech so it can do PWM control, but.. I don't actually yet have the PWM enabled. It's currently running at full power. And.. at idle.. the Fuel Pressure Gauge reads a nice steady 58psi. All though, through the stock 5/16 feed, and pitiful little 1/4 return line. I'll be sure to update everyone once I get the tune more dialed in, and the PWM tweaked to my liking.

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm going to change my fuel tank to a Boyd's setup for the MKIV
    Do you know if the FFR $549 EFI kit is worth the parts if I'm going to have a different pump? (Aeromotive Stealth 340)

The EFI kit from Factory Five includes these bits:
    • Fuel pressure regulator
    • Fuel Pump
    • Send line at tank
    • Send line at filter
    • Return Line
    • Charcoal can

or should I drop it from the order?
    Thanks for all your help!
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Toadster. My recommendation is to drop it. I'm installing a Forte 347 with Sniper EFI. Everything that I have read says to use 3/8 lines feed and return. The F5 stuff is 5/16 and 1/4. I bought the F5 EFI kit and am replacing everything except for the regulator and pump. So, I'm replacing the parts that I upgraded. I'm a little frustrated. I wish that the F5 stuff was a little more robust.
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

33. Likes toadster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the F5 EFI kit later to find out that the flex fuel line is rubber and not PTFE. I've read a few complaints that the rubber flex lines "weep" fumes and may not last as long due to pump gas ethanol content. I called the company that makes the fuel lines for F5 and they claim that the rubber is designed for all types of fuel, however I was nervous about the smell. I decided to purchase PTFE fuel lines. I personally don't think the F5 EFI kit is worth it, especially if your going to purchase a different fuel pump anyway.
    MK IV Roadster-Delivered Nov '18
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian76 View Post
    I purchased the F5 EFI kit later to find out that the flex fuel line is rubber and not PTFE. I've read a few complaints that the rubber flex lines "weep" fumes and may not last as long due to pump gas ethanol content. I called the company that makes the fuel lines for F5 and they claim that the rubber is designed for all types of fuel, however I was nervous about the smell. I decided to purchase PTFE fuel lines. I personally don't think the F5 EFI kit is worth it, especially if your going to purchase a different fuel pump anyway.
    It's the braided hoses that have the potential to 'weep', have never heard of a 'rubber' fuel hose weeping. All new fuel hoses are made for fuel with ethanol in it.

36. Likes toadster liked this post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TMartinLVNV View Post
    Toadster. My recommendation is to drop it. I'm installing a Forte 347 with Sniper EFI. Everything that I have read says to use 3/8 lines feed and return. The F5 stuff is 5/16 and 1/4. I bought the F5 EFI kit and am replacing everything except for the regulator and pump. So, I'm replacing the parts that I upgraded. I'm a little frustrated. I wish that the F5 stuff was a little more robust.

yeah, I dropped it - getting the Boyd tank with Stealth 340 -will add an aeromotive fuel regulator, yah it's pricey, but you gotta have the right fuel, or boom goes the motor!

Aeromotive 13130 Regulator and Fitting Kit $213
    aI9i7Gd.jpg
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!