FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Suggested tools?

Post Thanks / Like

Suggested tools?

I am still in the planning stages and will likely be ordering my kit for pick up next spring. I have all the usual hand tools. I was wondering if any of the experienced builders could let me know about any tools that they think made life easier and would be beneficial to pick up prior to building? This post was inspired by rsw81's post about bench grinder vs bench sander.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

3. Thanks Drezx6r thanked for this post
    Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two most important pieces of equipment are a good radio to blast your favorite tunes and a refrigerator full of adult beverages.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

5. Likes Papa, SSNK4US, Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Band-Aids are good to have handy..
    Been more than one build, christened in blood. As proof, I have a nice scar in the shape of a "C", (for Cobra?), on the back of my right hand...

7. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Two most important pieces of equipment are a good radio to blast your favorite tunes and a refrigerator full of adult beverages.
    +1 on the above. An AC to keep the garage below 80º F would be nice, some heat in the winter.
    Also a belt sander for setting the door, hood, trunk gaps.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

9. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm not to good with the search function on here as I tried a few searches and didn't come up with what you provided. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drezx6r View Post
    I guess I'm not to good with the search function on here as I tried a few searches and didn't come up with what you provided. Thank you
    Not a problem at all. I just wanted to give you the benefit of the previous discussions. The search tools on the forum are not exactly the best I've seen, but the advanced search works well and in a pinch, use Google and search "Factory Five Forum <+ your key words>"; example: Factory Five Forum Tools

You'll get descent results that way in most cases.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

12. Thanks Drezx6r thanked for this post
    Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Another choice versus the radio... I have a 50" HD TV with a Firestick plugged into it and a sound bar. It is however setting on top of the refrigerator that is full of adult beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Band-Aids are good to have handy..
    Been more than one build, christened in blood. As proof, I have a nice scar in the shape of a "C", (for Cobra?), on the back of my right hand...
    Baind-aids... Phfff Real men use paper towels and electrical tape. (SWMBO got tired of buying me Band-aids.)
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

14. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim, I like your style. A TV would be a great addition on those weekends when NHRA is on.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    For searching try Googling site:thefactoryfiveforum.com tools
    Use that format for any search word.
    site:thefactoryfiveforum.com <search word>
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

17. Likes Drezx6r liked this post