Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thicker firewall?

Post Thanks / Like

Thicker firewall?

I am going to use the throttle linkage from Mike Forte, and i understand it might be smart to install the thicker firewall from FFMetal. I am wondering however if ordering one extra firewall with the kit and gluing the two together might produce the same result for a lower prize.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought from the sidelines, maybe to bolt on a reinforcement section (like a band aid) inside the original firewall, if enough space, then through bolt the mechanical linkage to that. That way the patch wouldn't show from the engine bay, but you would have a double thick section to attach the linkage mounting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpantFL View Post
    Just a thought from the sidelines, maybe to bolt on a reinforcement section (like a band aid) inside the original firewall, if enough space, then through bolt the mechanical linkage to that. That way the patch wouldn't show from the engine bay, but you would have a double thick section to attach the linkage mounting...
    Yeah, I have considered that as an option as well. According to FFMetal it helps for the heater mount as well, so i thought I might as well do the whole thing. I will probably get the modified F panels from them, so might as well get the thicker firewall too... At this point the budget, if there ever was one, is pretty much busted big time anyway....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the thicker firewall and Forte’s throttle linkage. Both nice pieces. The linkage I bolted through the 2” tubing, so really didn’t need the thicker firewall, but made everything else like the wiper motor feel more secure without additional bracing.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2