Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor Parts to keep

Post Thanks / Like

Donor Parts to keep

Hello all,

I guess this is the start of a very long project. I have picked out a donor and need to begin the tear down process to get rid of the carcus before the winter as the wife wants the space in the garage. So the build will be a complete kit while pulling the engine, transmission from my 94 mustang GT. So the question here is what do I need to make sure I DONT throw away? Anything I should keep just incase? I am in MA so I will need all emmisions but do I need anything else? Thanks for the help.

Geoff

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    661460D5-B04C-4FE5-8FC9-0D95A6673957.jpegDown and dirty quick version......keep everything that isn’t carpet, sheet metal, glass or seats. You can sort it later. I put all my bolts, brackets, screws etc. in boxes like these and just wrote on the cover what was in each compartment. Still have a lot of hardware that comes in handy from time to time.

Good luck

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Base kit is a whole different game than complete---for the complete kit you'll need the engine/clutch/trans assembly, rear end with brakes, battery and wheels & tires to roll it on. Everything else is included.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    The base kit instructions provide useful directions:
    https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...ual-rev-3X.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Original firewall wiring grommets fit better than the ones from the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    the build manual says this: "The kit comes with new bolts for the shifter handle so you don’t need the OEM bolts. Save them
    anyway according to rule #85 of the car guys’ handbook which states “save any and all fasteners in rusty coffee cans”. This, of course, makes finding and using such fasteners in the future all but impossible but it makes us feel good." I always liked that paragraph. I wish I'd followed the advice.