Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Luis's 35 Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Luis's 35 Truck

Hi guys, I'm still in research mode. I bought the manual just to start working things out in my head. More than likely, I'm going to be ordering the barrett jackson edition. I'm going to be ordering the full fenders and the hood with sides just incase. As for the running gear, I'll be going with blueprint engines. The easiest option for me is to grab the 400 small block chevy, fuel injected with an automatic transmission. There are only 4 options for this truck at factory five engines .com and this had the most horsepower. I'd rather go with an LS engine, but for some reason they don't supply the trans?? I'm looking into hidden door handles, speaker fabrications, and I want to install a holley efi dash for my gauges. Let me know what yall think and if anyone has any other cool modifications I can look into!!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy a connect and cruz package from GM or vendors like summit that will give you the LS and transmission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    You can buy a connect and cruz package from GM or vendors like summit that will give you the LS and transmission.
    Nice! I'll look into it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking thru the Chevrolet plug and cruise options and I found what I want. My question is, does anyone know why all of them, even the 300hp options say they are only intended for competition use only. Does that mean they aren't street legal?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it's strictly an emissions compliance issue. With our cars since they tend to be exempt due to the kit build and generally following the year emissions our kits are based on, that's not an issue for us.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    I'm sure it's strictly an emissions compliance issue. With our cars since they tend to be exempt due to the kit build and generally following the year emissions our kits are based on, that's not an issue for us.
    Awesome, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinidas View Post
    Hi guys, I'm still in research mode. I bought the manual just to start working things out in my head. More than likely, I'm going to be ordering the barrett jackson edition. I'm going to be ordering the full fenders and the hood with sides just incase. As for the running gear, I'll be going with blueprint engines. The easiest option for me is to grab the 400 small block chevy, fuel injected with an automatic transmission. There are only 4 options for this truck at factory five engines .com and this had the most horsepower. I'd rather go with an LS engine, but for some reason they don't supply the trans?? I'm looking into hidden door handles, speaker fabrications, and I want to install a holley efi dash for my gauges. Let me know what yall think and if anyone has any other cool modifications I can look into!!
    we 100% can supply an LS engine, with a Transmission. Please contact me, i'll be happy to help you out. You don't mention Stick or Auto, but we have the high stall converter dialed in on our package. The GM offering will leave alot to be desired with the same stall speed intended for a full weight car.

The Black Barrett Truck actually has our LS engine/trans combo!

[email protected]
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263