Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tickets in your car?

Post Thanks / Like

Tickets in your car?

OK, I posted this in the Hot Rod section because that is where I am at most of the time. But I figured I would post it here.

Has anyone gotten tickets in their FFR cars? I know that around here while driving around in my 76 Stingray I was never pulled over, even when speeding. They might bump their lights or siren to tell me to slow down but they never actually pulled me over. I even had one cop who raced to get next to me at a light to tell me "Cool car... Can ya slow it down a bit?" I was just wondering if that was normal for FFR cars too or if it just made you a target?

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the cop more than what you’re driving is the deciding factor in whether you’re pulled over. A family member is a cop (one of many in law enforcement in my family) and he rarely pulls anyone over near the end of his shift. If he does, Murphy’s Law says they’ll be wanted on a warrant for a stupid offense two counties away and now he’s stuck for hours babysitting the perp until the other county shows up to get him. I’ve never been pulled over in my Roadster but I never go much over the limit anyway.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to drive fast in a car that looks like it's doing a buck twenty standing still Been on the road since 2002 and never been stopped in the FFR. I love on ramps etc but for the most part I tend to behave when driving the Cobra. One simple mistake has cost too many people their lives in these cars.
    Last edited by Mike N; 06-05-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

4. Thanks mburger thanked for this post
    Likes Drezx6r, Joel Hauser, Jetfuel liked this post

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got pulled over by the Ontario Provincial Police last summer while driving the "Lake Superior Circle Tour" in my Challenge car, with two buddies in their FFR cars. Turned out, the cop just wanted to look at the car and talk about Cobras ... no ticket, just conversation. As I was pulling out onto the highway, the cop got on his loudspeaker and said, "Feel free to rev it up" ... so I did!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

6. Likes mburger liked this post