BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: door adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

door adjustment

any tips on adjustment, my left door is off no matter what i do. if i addjust top bottom gaps are big, did i just end up with a messed up door?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a tough one to explain.....none of the doors fit. We have to make them fit. You have to raise the door up high enough that it's not rubbing on the jamb. You need to add filler to the top front of the door to match the cowl and if you have too much gap at the bottom you can fill in the jamb or add material to the bottom of the door(my preferred way). The passenger door needs extra care front to back adjustment because the inner panel can contact the jamb....best of luck...da Bat...……………...on the driver door (only) put two 5/16 washers on the bottom forward mounting stud to give the door a little extra geometry

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    The passenger door needs extra care front to back adjustment because the inner panel can contact the jamb....best of luck...da Bat...……………...on the driver door (only) put two 5/16 washers on the bottom forward mounting stud to give the door a little extra geometry
    The other Jeff, Jeff Kleiner, gave me the same recommendations and they really, really worked.

The moral of the story, if Jeff or Jeff tell you something, believe them.

Just A Comment From The Peanut Gallery!

Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, the body needs to be in its final position before fine tuning the door fitment! What Jeff Kleiner told me was to just get the doors functional and don't try to make them perfect. My passenger door was easy and I didn't need to do a thing to it to get it to "function". The driver's door was a different story. It will need a lot of massaging to get it right. I ended up trimming a very small amount of material along the trailing edge of the door to get it to sit in the jamb. It is just barely functional, but I left it there. It's a lot easier to remove material than it is to add it!

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to say that I'm doing my bodywork and priming.
    One of my painting pals will be doing the final spray out.

https://youtu.be/_3sLamdkIFg

6. Thanks JimLev thanked for this post
    Likes JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget that you can adjust the bottom of the body in or out.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks thought i was loosing my mind or got the wrong doors, off to adjusting i go

Post Thanks / Like
    AH! When you get the body in the right place (both sides need to be just ahead of the door striker mounting tab) .On the passenger side push the body all the way in and attach the "roll under" with self tappers (#10X1in work good) .Driver side push the body all the way in at the front of the door and attach. Pull the body out aprox 1in at the back and attach.....should get you close...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    i noticed on left door front of body does have to go in and back needs to come out for door to fit right, i guess if i ever build another ill know all the little tricks.