Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anybody have ride height issues ??

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have ride height issues ??

Trying to get my ride height down to the recommended 4.5" front and 5" rear.
    Note I have chassis #50.

When I get the rear that low I start to see clearance issues between the rear end cover and the upper arm. Can't even get my finger tip in between.
    So I shortened up the lower control arms all the way by turning the heim joints all the way in. And did the same to the upper arm. Now the clearance looks decent.
    Still have a pretty good angle on the upper arm and lower arms. is that an issue?
    I also know I have to watch clearance at bottom of grill too.

OH, forgot to mention, I have 20" rear tires which are 28.66" inches tall. I'm sure that's part of the problem. 18" in front.

Curious as to what y'all have seen.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 06-05-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to get my height as high as possible. The front shocks make that almost impossible if you mount the shocks as recommended. The clearance at the bottom of the grill scares me to death.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Ralph, I was hoping to get it as low as possible, but that grille scares me too.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had mine at 4.5" to the frame tubes. I ended up raising it to 5.5" I ended up using some spring rubbers from Speedway. Truck actually seems to ride better now also. Plus my grill is 1" higher now. This is a very low truck, not the norm as far as trucks go. But that is why it handles so well and is so cool looking, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I had mine at 4.5" to the frame tubes. I ended up raising it to 5.5" I ended up using some spring rubbers from Speedway. Truck actually seems to ride better now also. Plus my grill is 1" higher now. This is a very low truck, not the norm as far as trucks go. But that is why it handles so well and is so cool looking, IMO.
    how about a nice side view photo??
    I want to have a low front and raise the rear a little