I started the conversion from 4-link to 3-link rear suspension on my Mk 3.1 roadster yesterday. I'm using the FFR 13181 3-link retrofit kit plus Breeze 70742 3-link Suspension Handling Pack.

QUESTION ONE: The FFR retrofit instructions clearly state that, on the passenger side, to use two 0.375" and one 0.25" spacer on the front side of the rod end and one thin 0.0625" shim on the rear side. But the instructions don't talk about what spacers to use onthe driver's side of the panhard rod, so I used one 0.375" thick spacer and one 0.25" spacer from the parts bag that came with the kit. Does this sound correct?

QUESTION TWO: The instructions say "Warning: Do not put a washer on the inside of the axle mount bracket under the shock mount". I'm not sure what this is referring to ... I assume "axle mount bracket" means the "competition Traction-Lok bracket" to which both the panhard rod and shock are attached? Are they saying, "use the thin shim, not a thick washer that will interfere with the shock's rod end"?

QUESTION THREE: When it comes to mounting the new rear Upper Control Arm, on page 9 of the FFR instructions, a new "Upper Mount" and backing plate, are referenced & pictured. That picture doesn't look like this piece that came in the retrofit kit...

I haven't removed the old upper control arms yet, so perhaps it will make sense when I hold the pictured piece up to the horizontal 2"x3" tube behind the seats, but I'm curious to know if this is an upgraded piece or even the correct piece at all? Your advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,