Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Thank you Dave Smith +

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dave Smith +

I would like to thank Dave Smith and the rest of the people at Factory Five Racing.

I have always wanted to build a car.
    My perfect car would be go kart like in handling, without any electronic limitations or regulation. I would be able to modify, add or subtract anything I wanted. I would have good enough instructions, and technical help to get through the rough spots. O, and by the way, it would look good too.

I have a temporary license on that car. I am no where near done with it yet. But I did get to pick up each of my 3 kids, one at a time, after school before summer vacation started.

Thank you for your continued improvements, and never resting on your laurels.

Thank you for sending a couple guys out to your factory to load my car onto a Penske rental truck when you were closed because of a power outage induced by a snow storm just over a year ago. I did not expect that! I would like to thank those guys also for walking around with flashlights to try to find all of the boxes and some of the parts that were back ordered at the time of the order completion.

Thank you for the ever patient technical support, and having a forum in which to draw from the vast wealth of information.

The car handles incredibly. I have done some spirited driving at a on ramp I like and it talks to you as you reach the limits. I can’t wait to do some auto crossing. That driving was to test for wheel rub in the corners.

I have built my perfect car.

My only problem now is that if I ever decided to build another I would have to build 2 more so each of my kids would eventually get one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 06-10-2019 at 08:31 PM. Reason: fixed image
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

2. Likes GoDadGo, 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ps.

I can’t get that darn picture to go right side up.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    lol that pic issue I been through it too ... I understand the kids issue... now have grandchildren wanting for THE car now too! It's still amazes me how well the car has held up. I have done all I could to know how long they will last... added miles... even a took out a deer and it keeps on going! You have made a wise choice in picking FFR for your build as the mark 4 is even better!
    Dave has assembled a great team at FFR - oh and the car talking back to you... wait till you start talking back to it as you go cruising on the two lane back roads!
    Last edited by R. Button; 06-10-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

5. Likes Packer fan liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Button View Post
    lol that pic issue I been through it too ... I understand the kids issue... now have grandchildren wanting for THE car now too! It's still amazes me how well the car has held up. I have done all I could to know how long they will last... added miles... even a took out a deer and it keeps on going! You have made a wise choice in picking FFR for your build as the mark 4 is even better!
    Dave has assembled a great team at FFR - oh and the car talking back to you... wait till you start talking back to it as you go cruising on the two lane back roads!
    Sir Ralph,

Please Update Your Mileage When You Get A Chance!
    We some of us need some Traveler Motivation!

Steve

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll do it after the LCS show as I have plans to drive to this weekend to FFR's then turn around and drive to Pittsburgh to meet with the staff for a few days before I head for the LCS show for the weekend. Then back to Pittsburgh for a few days more before I head for home on Thursday night when I get a break ... as I'm off to The Glen to sit and relax in the RV while watching the 6 hours at the Glen weekend from pit row! That's the kind of race I enjoy - line them up and then for 6 hours we wait to see who built the car to last!!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Button View Post
    I'm off to The Glen to sit and relax in the RV while watching the 6 hours at the Glen weekend from pit row! That's the kind of race I enjoy - line them up and then for 6 hours we wait to see who built the car to last!!
    We made our first trip to an HSR event in April to watch our friend compete.
    He's been racing for 30 years and teaching me how to turn left and right.
    Since there are no turns in Drag Racing I think it is a good skill to learn.
    Now I'm totally hooked on Road Racing and my better half likes it too.

https://youtu.be/zm2RdZ-FJmA
    https://youtu.be/uFm3CM8_Zf8
    https://youtu.be/JhR21Q24xHU

Have A Great Time!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-10-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I fixed that image for you.

I feel the same as you, and will always feel indebted to Factory Five for giving me the raw materials I needed to complete my dream car.

Have fun with your new car! Be careful, but HAVE FUN!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see the problem with building two more? Maybe a coupe and a Hot Rod, just for variety?
    Keith

12. Likes Packer fan liked this post