Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Max Effort MK4 Challenge Car is For Sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Max Effort MK4 Challenge Car is For Sale

Most of you know my car, if not, feel free to hit me up. Reserve has been met and there's a couple of days left on the auction. Got to make room, in my garage and pocket, for the Truck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Replic...a/123794631524

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, someone's going to get a nice car. Already at $60,000! What's the record for most expensive Factory Five Roadster sold?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    Wow, someone's going to get a nice car. Already at $60,000! What's the record for most expensive Factory Five Roadster sold?
    When I click on the link it is at 25k and says reserve not met??
    I was shocked when I first saw the price after reading in the post the reserve has been met. What happened to the 60k bid I wonder.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mark,

I think people are flat out scared of the car since it is such an over the top build.
    This happened to the fellow that my brother knew for the car shown below:

https://www.gm-efi.com/features/feat...kworks-mecham/

Now it is in my brother's garage because the fellow needed to make room for a Z06 project.
    The car only has 15,000 original miles on it.

You may want to consider selling it as a roller and transplant that crazy driveline in another project.
    It may yield more money than you might expect without the engine and transmission.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It was at 60k and then that bidder backed out I guess. It's at 46.9k with 2 hours left

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    When I click on the link it is at 25k and says reserve not met??
    I was shocked when I first saw the price after reading in the post the reserve has been met. What happened to the 60k bid I wonder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't absolutely have to sell it and I won't part it out. I've actually got a 2018 Coyote standing by for another project lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Mark,

I think people are flat out scared of the car since it is such an over the top build.
    This happened to the fellow that my brother knew for the car shown below:

https://www.gm-efi.com/features/feat...kworks-mecham/

Now it is in my brother's garage because the fellow needed to make room for a Z06 project.
    The car only has 15,000 original miles on it.

You may want to consider selling it as a roller and transplant that crazy driveline in another project.
    It may yield more money than you might expect without the engine and transmission.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    $54,100! Not too bad, I think the buyer got a lot of car for $54K. I've see the pictures and video's and think it's a very tasteful modern version of a cobra. Only downside to me is it's a Challenge car but that's just personal preference. We all know it's got too much torque/grip for a carbon fiber drive shaft! Congrats on the sale Mark and I look forward to seeing your next project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The car's reserve was 60k. The second day in someone bid to the reserve but then 2 days before closing...retracted and it was back down to $21k, the last day it got up to 54.1k but didn't meet the reserve. The high bidder contacted me about my reserve and is going to think on it for a few days. If not, it will get relisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    $54,100! Not too bad, I think the buyer got a lot of car for $54K. I've see the pictures and video's and think it's a very tasteful modern version of a cobra. Only downside to me is it's a Challenge car but that's just personal preference. We all know it's got too much torque/grip for a carbon fiber drive shaft! Congrats on the sale Mark and I look forward to seeing your next project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Still for sale. Entertaining offers above 55k

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Still available.