Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help Already

Post Thanks / Like

Help Already

I'm not sure what section to post this under, so hopefully someone sees it here. The first mention I see in the manual of the "OEM pedal box front plate" is in the first steps of assembly. I apparently did not save that piece from my donor. Any advise? Anyone do a non donor build and have an answer? Short of finding one in a scrap yard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you save the pedal box? I think the front plate refers to the front of the pedal box or the plate welded to the chassis. Not s separate piece.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Did you save the pedal box? I think the front plate refers to the front of the pedal box or the plate welded to the chassis. Not s separate piece.
    Mike
    Mike,
    I saved the pedal assembly, but apparently not the entire box.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David,

Reach out to David Hodgkins and ask him to upgrade your account so that you can post pictures and then post a few pics of your issue.
    It will really help the folks on the forum see what you are talking about so that we can be of assistance to you.
    Also, any advice that you get from Mike Everson will be based on fact and experience.
    He is a Professional Master Builder and knows these cars like the back of his hand.
    As for me, I'm also am a 1st time builder so good luck because we all get stuck from time to time!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe there is anything related to the pedal box besides the whole assembly the pedals are a part of. Are you sure that's not referencing the aluminum firewall piece provided by FFR?

Edit: I believe you're referring to the piece that the FFR has you bolt on for the brake booster mount. It comes with the kit and must be painted/coated as desired. See image attached.

IMG_20180707_160010.jpg
    Last edited by lsfourwheeler; 06-14-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same panic and confusion...

the plate is not OEM part... it is a plate for the OEM pedal box. The manual shows the cad image of the plate (I'd try and snap an image, but I have my 9-day old little girl in hand).

LSfourwheeler nailed it; the part circled is what your looking for:
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by MonzaMan; 06-14-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MonzaMan View Post
    I had the same panic and confusion...

the plate is not OEM part... it is a plate for the OEM pedal box. The manual shows the cad image of the plate (I'd try and snap an image, but I have my 9-day old little girl in hand).

LSfourwheeler nailed it; the part circled is what your looking for:
    Capture.JPG
    Thank you guys, this was my first of surely many knucklehead moves. I found the piece you guys were talking about and all is good again in my universe.

Post Thanks / Like
    HA! you should search through MY posts sometime...