BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Master cylender clicking

Post Thanks / Like

Master cylender clicking

I was putting my master calendars in my pedal box today and noticed that one of the master cylinders clicks as the plunger is pushed and released. I don't have any fluid in it, so maybe that is the cause but I wanted to check to see if I should be concerned. I don't know how to bench blead it to check it and I don't have any of the hydraulic lines hooked up yet as I am waiting for another reservoir which they are out of stock of right now. Am I just worried over nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to say. There isn't much to those things. No moving parts on the body itself. Moving parts are the piston with a couple seals, pushrod, spring, clips. My guess is because it's not under pressure something is allowed to move. I wouldn't worry about it now. Bench bleeding isn't going to do anything. You need all your lines run and actual bleeding to put the system under pressure. Them I'm betting it's OK.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.