Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LCA Spacer Question

Post Thanks / Like

LCA Spacer Question

Installed the LCAs this evening but haven't torqued everything down just yet as I have a couple of questions for the group - thanks in advance for the input!

On the DS rear, I have a spacer between the bushing and the front tab, but there is a small gap between the bushing and the rear tab. This will obviously close up when I torque it down, but I know we need to be careful about not bending the tabs. So the question is: do I spread it apart to fit a spacer in there or is the gap small enough that it won't make a difference when torqued down?

On the PS, I have a spacer between the bushing and front tab for the rear, as well as between the bushing and front tab on the front. I was hoping to have the bushing on the front against the rear tab, but that wasn't happening. Question: Is it OK that the tabs are both against the front tabs or should I look at adjusting the tabs so that the front spacer can be placed against the rear tab.
    Last edited by VAHokie; 06-16-2019 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Copy edit
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    As you tighten the bolts, the ears will stop moving when they contact the steel sleeve inside the rubber bushing. I would grease them now so you have grease running into your end gaps/spaces and then tighten the bolts. Don't need to go full torque, just as tight as you can make them w/ a wrench. See how they move then. If they move reasonably well by hand you are done. If not, then need to figure out where the friction is by loosening one bolt at a time. BTW the sleeves should not move as they get locked when the bolts are tight. The control arm and rubber bushing should move in relation to the sleeves.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.