Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cruising Southern WV Video

Post Thanks / Like

Cruising Southern WV Video

I haven’t seen many videos being posted for a while so here’s one I made today cruising one of my favorite spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1YhEW1f4A&t=269s

I’m still working on trying to reduce the wind noise so if you have any suggestions please let me know

Lets try this link to see if it works correctly

Thanks

Rick
    Last edited by Itchief; 06-17-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,
    Years ago I played with video and sound.
    I had some luck with external microphones at the base of the windscreen, interior side.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Just fantastic ……..!

I am well aware of the area/roads your playing on. Used to take my Harley up/down/across all over the state. Beautiful scenery and the roads are fantastic. Especially eastward route 250 from Fort Edward John Johnson. Loop it all the way around to Hot Springs via 92. If only the roads in PA were even 1/10th the fun.. If only.

I dream for the day I can repeat what I did on my bike with the roadster.

RickP

Post Thanks / Like
    wow. That video gave me an 8 minute vacation from work. Beautiful roads.

Here is what I have on my GoPro. Not that I am a cinematographer by any means. I use an external stereo mic. I have the little fuzzy wind socks on them and it works pretty well. My standard clip on location is my battery cutoff switch key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the motivational video. I'm looking forward myself to doing the Skyline Drive in Virginia, Roots and Tides in Maryland, and the Dragon's Tail.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the suggestions and comments the suggestions will give me a couple more ideas to try to reduce the wind noise.

Watching the video it seems like I am just taking my time driving down the road. The video covers 7-8 miles and at the start a newer F150 was using both lanes just trying to stay close. Maybe it’s just my perception of speed when I am watching the video.

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you mount your video camera?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    How do you mount your video camera?

Rick

I mounted mine on the passenger side of the windshield using the mounting tape just above the rear view mirror.

When I decide to remove it from the windshield I can just scrape the tape off the windshield

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick, thanks for sharing this, I needed some motivation to get back in the shop.

"Especially eastward route 250 from Fort Edward John Johnson. Loop it all the way around to Hot Springs via 92. If only the roads in PA were even 1/10th the fun.. If only."

Isn't that the truth. If there's a better road than U.S. 250, or a better place to ride or drive than West Virginia, I haven't found it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchief View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions and comments the suggestions will give me a couple more ideas to try to reduce the wind noise.

Watching the video it seems like I am just taking my time driving down the road. The video covers 7-8 miles and at the start a newer F150 was using both lanes just trying to stay close. Maybe it’s just my perception of speed when I am watching the video.

Rick
    I find that when I record autocross, I am going 110% and right on the edge of spinning. When I watch it back, it looks like no big deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    route 220 is off the charts fun too. I've done Tail of the Dragon, Sky Line Drive (only thing good about skyline is coming on and coming off) and most of the Blue Ridge parkway. They don't compare the roads in WV especially in and around the Monongahela (sp?) and George Washington national forests.

Thanks for the mount tip Rick. I haven't dove into filming anything but ……

keep posting videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing about driving the roads in this area, you will find out very quickly if your suspension is set up correctly all of the curves, humps, dips, patches and holes will make it clear when something is wrong.

I try to drive quickly not crazy, stay somewhat close to the speed limit, never cross the the center line, don’t pass in no passing zones and keep it between the ditches.

I’m going to try placing a self sticking felt pad over the microphone next time and will let you know if it improves the sound quality

Rick