Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gas Cap

Post Thanks / Like

Gas Cap

The gas cap doesn’t appear to lock and seal well coming up with the three clicks. Driving U can smell slight fumes from the wind blowing to dash. Is this a Ford part number from dealer??

And I will remove the canister and recharge with fresh charcoal. Challenging to fill the tank, I leave the key on to watch the gauge and stop just below full so I don’t pour gas on the ground.

Thoughts, Thanks, Bill
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Race Ratz View Post
    The gas cap doesn’t appear to lock and seal well coming up with the three clicks. Driving U can smell slight fumes from the wind blowing to dash. Is this a Ford part number from dealer??

And I will remove the canister and recharge with fresh charcoal. Challenging to fill the tank, I leave the key on to watch the gauge and stop just below full so I don’t pour gas on the ground.

Thoughts, Thanks, Bill
    Bill if you are taking the Charcoal canister out put a Looooooong hose on it, looping it up to the height of the gas filler. This will prevent the fuel from getting into the charcoal canister again. Just run the hose up the side of the gas fill pipe, zip tie it up as High as you can get it, then run it back to the canister,
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron.
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.