FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New from Massachusetts

Post Thanks / Like

New from Massachusetts

Hello all, new guy here. Currently doing my research and planning for possibly buying a Mk4 roadster kit in a year or two. I've wanted to build one ever since I was a teen, and now it looks like i'll finally have the funds to go ahead with a project. I live about 1 hr from the factory, so i'll likely plan to pick the kit up in person since i'm so close.

I'm a mech. engineer by trade and have been a Foxbody Mustang guy for the last 20 years or so. You name it, i've done it on a Fox. Brakes, suspension, H/C/I, interior, aftermarket ECU's and pretty good with the stock EFI system in general. Currently have a nicely done fox that I will be hanging onto, and a huge pile of hand-me down parts that would contribute nicely to a Mk4 build.

Look forward to learning a few things
    Last edited by Mustang5L5; 06-19-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the 1991 Mustang for sale in Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
    Hello all, new guy here. Currently doing my research and planning for possibly buying a Mk4 roadster kit in a year or two. I live about 1 hr from the factory, so i'll likely plan to pick the kit up in person since i'm so close.

Been a Foxbody Mustang guy for the last 20 years or so. I'm an engineer by trade. You name it, i've done it on a Fox. Brakes, suspension, H/C/I, aftermarket ECU's and pretty good with the stock EFI system in general. Currently have a nicely done fox that I will be hanging onto, and a huge pile of hand-me down parts that would contribute nicely to a Mk4 build.

Look forward to learning a few things
    (1991 Mustang GT conv. in Craigslist. Located in Danvers, MA.
    Check it out. The guy is asking $2500.00. Looks like he has more than
    that in goodies.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I am in Norton MA and have built over 130 of FFR kits. Let me know if I can be any assistance. Also If you want to come see cars in different levels of completion.
    Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Welcome. I am in Norton MA and have built over 130 of FFR kits. Let me know if I can be any assistance. Also If you want to come see cars in different levels of completion.
    Thanks Mike

Pretty sure I've seen some of your postings on the FB group. Very nice shop and nice work as well.

Right now, the biggest questions I have are do I fit in a roadster ( 6'1" 220 lbs) and trying to get my ducks in a row in terms of what driveline I want to use and how to navigate the MA inspection process

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from a fellow engineer, and good thing you are researching the inspection process. It's nerve wracking yes, but if you read up and understand the process it's not that bad. I found the folks at DEP and the State Police inspector to be super helpful.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller