Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering Rack/Tie Rod Bellows Boot Dust Shield

Post Thanks / Like

Steering Rack/Tie Rod Bellows Boot Dust Shield

Anyone know the part number so I can get a replacement? I tore mine while do alignment.

David from Factory five says they do not sell individual boots but he believes I can use one from a 87-94 Mustang. I looked at pictures of those and am skeptical they will work. I tried to use Mustang spacers for this steering rack as well to no avail.

Which also raises another question? Anyone know the make/part number of the Hot Rod Steering Rack? The one for the Cobra roadster is from Maval/Unisteer 8001070. The hot rod rack is different based on my experience with trying to find suitable spacers.

Someone else asked this question a long time ago in the forums. No one answered. Hopefully I can get a better response. If not, I'll post what I end up using if I have to figure it out myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fostia View Post
    Anyone know the part number so I can get a replacement? I tore mine while do alignment.

David from Factory five says they do not sell individual boots but he believes I can use one from a 87-94 Mustang. I looked at pictures of those and am skeptical they will work. I tried to use Mustang spacers for this steering rack as well to no avail.

Which also raises another question? Anyone know the make/part number of the Hot Rod Steering Rack? The one for the Cobra roadster is from Maval/Unisteer 8001070. The hot rod rack is different based on my experience with trying to find suitable spacers.

Someone else asked this question a long time ago in the forums. No one answered. Hopefully I can get a better response. If not, I'll post what I end up using if I have to figure it out myself.
    Maybe try Flaming River as well.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/