BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kevko oil pans

Post Thanks / Like

Kevko oil pans

New owner of a FF Mk 3
    351 W with a F 903 kevko 7 qt pan. FF oil cooler and remote oil filter. Using k&n hp 3001 oil filter. Checked with kevko to be sure I had the right dip stick K128. First oil change put in 9 qts and I just see a trace on the dip. Could it really need 10 qts. Not sure how to proceed
    Anybody seen this before

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamon View Post
    New owner of a FF Mk 3
    351 W with a F 903 kevko 7 qt pan. FF oil cooler and remote oil filter. Using k&n hp 3001 oil filter. Checked with kevko to be sure I had the right dip stick K128. First oil change put in 9 qts and I just see a trace on the dip. Could it really need 10 qts. Not sure how to proceed
    Anybody seen this before
    Is this the first time the engine has been run? If so the filter. lines and cooler can easily take 3 quarts. That pan looks very similar to my Quality Roadsters pan which has a min capacity of 8 quarts without the filter. I went out and measured my dip stick and for reference it measures 19.5 inches from the full line to the bottom of the hat. Hope this helps. Scott

414 Build 060.jpg414 Build 058.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgoode View Post
    Is this the first time the engine has been run? If so the filter. lines and cooler can easily take 3 quarts. That pan looks very similar to my Quality Roadsters pan which has a min capacity of 8 quarts without the filter. I went out and measured my dip stick and for reference it measures 19.5 inches from the full line to the bottom of the hat. Hope this helps. Scott

414 Build 060.jpg414 Build 058.jpg
    No it's been

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. no it has been run before but it's the first time I am doing an oil change

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamon View Post

351 W with a F 903 kevko 7 qt pan. FF oil cooler and remote oil filter. Checked with kevko to be sure I had the right dip stick K128. First oil change put in 9 qts and I just see a trace on the dip. Could it really need 10 qts. Not sure how to proceed
    Kevko says it's a 7 quart pan - and lists K128 is a "universal" dip stick.

Empty the pan - put 7 quarts in it and don't start it - cut "universal" dip stick tube to put the dipstick where you want the oil on it.

Start it, warm it up - and add oil to where the dipstick was with 7 quarts.