BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Wind Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Wind Wings

My wife who likes to ride in the 33 without the top didn’t care for the wind buffeting at highway speeds. In looking for a cure I remembered Kootenai Valley Customs “Wind Wings” kits and ordered one. Excellent quality, all the metal parts are chromed and the Plexiglas “wings” are predrilled though you may want to countersink the holes slightly. Lock washers and small acorn nuts for all the thru fasteners. Install was done in less than an hour and so far they seem effective in reducing the buffeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    How well do you think they will work with the convertible top? Will they be in the way?

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how far the convertible top comes down the side of the windshield post TimwingsII.jpg. Here is a picture of how I oriented my wings, there is about a 7/8" gap between the bottom of the wing and the top of the door so you could lower them a bit. You could also ask Tim if he can modify them for a specific use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use these on my hotrod roadster windshield. Love them a bunch. The only thing I did differently was mount them to the rear facing face of the frame. That kept them tighter to the frame and the lines flow better. Just my opinion..

5. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This winter I will be fabricating fiberglass add ons that will allow me to run with the windshield and my power windows. The piece I am making would attach to the window and fill the gap between the windshield frame and the side windows as well as support the side widow with a seal. When I have it completed I will post accordingly.
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Andreas, I thought about doing g the same thing and even made a cardboard template. Problem I had was getting in and out of the car. The add on piece stuck to far into the door opening and was hard to miss getting in and out. I sure hope you can solve this for the rest if us.. good luck.

8. Likes AJT '33 liked this post