Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Electrical Testing Success! Video included

Post Thanks / Like

Electrical Testing Success! Video included

Electrical was tested tonight, and it all works!! There's a video below that I took, but the only issues I ran into include a few switches that I had wired in reverse (i.e. had to turn the switch down for brights instead of up...same for hazzards and the blinkers were reversed). I had to adjust the brake switch, and in doing so, the lead shorted against the aluminum under the dash. That took out the fuse for my hazards and brake lights, but it was an easy and quick fix. Check out the video if you like. The only other issue was that I ran out of female prongs for my weather pack connectors so I was only able to hook up and test the top/brake lights. Didn't show in the video, but horn works as well!

MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

2. Likes Drezx6r liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job and excellent video!

Mick

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, big milestone. Congrats!