BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PAINT.....what just happened !

Post Thanks / Like

PAINT.....what just happened !

We have been pounding along for the past three years to keep up with the demand (no complaints thank you). This past couple months with our workload and two projects coming off of hold at the same time (a coupe and the Hot Rot 35) I wasn't looking forward, only happy to be getting what was in front of me done. Well, that makes me a good worker but not a good owner. While I breath a sigh of relief at my situation I realize I'VE GOT NOTHING NEW FOR MY GUYS TO WORK ON ! Soooo, this is my way of asking is anybody looking for paint and ready to roll? Batcave 951-676-0191.....thanks, Jeff...."daBat"…..not Jeff the "O-ring" (not that's there's anything wrong with that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, The Bat has availability! Somebody is getting to the front of the line, lucky bugger.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, you guys all know I'm covered up with a bunch of you in line. I'll never complain about feeding some of you to my Brother Bat 'cause we're family (yeah, I know, he's sort of like that "special" brother who lives in Mom & Dad's basement and licks windows, but still family). If you want to jump out of my line and into his go for it.

Jeff "O Ring"

Post Thanks / Like
    WINDOW LICKER.....WINDOW LICKER !!! Don't knock it till ya try it. AND ! I'll have you know it's not the basement, it's the root celler under the cistern (There's a big diff Bubba) I pert neer indeependant ! I gotta tell ya...Iffin my wife finds out I'm slim on work she's going to whip out the mile long list of shiz I said I couldn't do cause I was too busy at the shop. Taint Right ! I'm a doctor, not a handyman Jim...….OH! and I'll have you know I only lick the insides....outsides have a little to much texture for my refined pallet...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Well call me lucky. I’m on the short list with da bat. Now I have to hurry up and pick a color before he puts me at the back of the line. Oh guess I gotta get the car ready for the body also.
    MK4 Roadster # 8548, Ford Performance X427, TKO 600, 8.8 3 Link, Paint by Jeff Miller, Suspension setup by Frank Maslowski I.E.427

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For the record I don't know Mr. Da-Bat, that is NOLA Speak for The Bat, but here is a fine example of his work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby...YAAOSwwXdc8q8D

NOTE:
    ...Sir Jeffski (The Other Famous Jeff) Speaks Highly Of You!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-23-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    For the record I don't know Mr. Da-Bat, that is NOLA Speak for The Bat, but here is a fine example of his work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby...YAAOSwwXdc8q8D

NOTE:
    ...Sir Jeffski (The Other Famous Jeff) Speaks Highly Of You!
    I believe that was Doc Moe's car. Doc had ALS and the car was a bucket list project. Doc built an awesome car and he is a wonderful gentleman.
    Last edited by j.miller; 06-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, are you the same Jeff Miller who painted my car Viper Blue with Ford Wimbledon white stripes in Temecula back in June, 2002? Just wondering. 17 years later, I still get complements about the paint job.

Phil Stewart
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean there's more than one??!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptstew View Post
    Hey, are you the same Jeff Miller who painted my car Viper Blue with Ford Wimbledon white stripes in Temecula back in June, 2002? Just wondering. 17 years later, I still get complements about the paint job.

Phil Stewart
    I AM !!! guilty as charged !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swwebb View Post
    You mean there's more than one??!!
    Shut up Steve before I put you in a corner and give you something to cry about.....And there you have it. It's my sense of professionalism and my kind words that keep them coming back...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave at Auto Doctor referred me to you. Is he still there?
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptstew View Post
    Dave at Auto Doctor referred me to you. Is he still there?
    He is!. I see him often and we have remained good friends over the past20.....25.....30 years or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    He is!. I see him often and we have remained good friends over the past20.....25.....30 years or so.
    Tell him I said hello. You and he were a big part of my build which I continue to enjoy! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can't decide on a color? I just had a thought - what if you let the BAT paint your car with all the different basecoats left over from other jobs? It would save you the cost of basecoat, be good for the environment and who knows what the BAT would come up with - Cobra Camo?? Cobra Harlequin? https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/19...f-harlequin-4/
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    I believe that was Doc Moe's car. Doc had ALS and the car was a bucket list project. Doc built an awesome car and he is a wonderful gentleman.
    That is in fact Doc Moe's car. Super guy. I was lucky enough to get to know him while he was in our area doing some contract work. He even stopped by and helped a couple times with my #7750 build. Have some pictures with him. Coached him some on that build as he was trying to get it done in time so he could drive it. ALS is a terrible disease, which as a doctor he knew all too well.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

17. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could help you out, my car wont ship from FF5 until the end of July. I will have have lots of questions for you. My wife and I visit Temecula often, I would like to drop by some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car is headed to the cave in mid July. I cannot wait to see this car in color. Thanks to both Jeff's!

Nathan
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Nathan,
    Happy to send you to Brother Bat. Let me rephrase that..."You were ruining my life, I'm so glad to have you gone. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out". There, that feels better

You won't be disappointed!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Kleiner ! Does that boy have honey dripping off his tongue or what ! Kinda makes ya warm and tingly all over...….NOPE! it was just a hot flash. (sad face)...da (window licking) Bat