BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: First (second) start! Video

Post Thanks / Like

First (second) start! Video

Here's the first video of a start. Technically the second start as the first video attempt was a video of cranking but no starting. I didn't have spark and had to change where I tied in a 12v wire on the MSD ignition.

So after testing if that fix worked, it fired off. I went and got my wife who filmed the second start. Its a tad rough in the cockpit at 600rpm with the solid mounts so I may bump the idle 100 rpm or so.

I also rolled it forward in first and back in reverse, and no issues. Brakes are firm but do take some effort. Will dial in the alignment a bit and check the pinion angle and take it around the block, hopefully tomorrow.

I never got a reading on water temp but it only ran for about a minute, so not enough to necessarily get the water to 140F to register on the gauge. With the motor cold at idle, oil pressure was solid at 60psi.

Not the greatest sound being in a large shop with metal liner panels, but here's the video to prove it:

MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

2. Likes Straversi liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A Big Congratulations From Louisiana!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Steve! It feels good to get it going. Finally. Now I want to be out there constantly but haven't been able to today because I'm watching the kids while the wife gets some things done. Will be another late night piddling.
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

5. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations nice job

I thought you would have had a large smile on your face

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to play it cool for the camera. I'm grinning on the inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.

I can't wait to post my first start (taking forever... getting close...)
    Mk4 #9165, Base Kit with lots of options, Delivery on 08/17/2017, Coyote, TKO600, 2015 IRS, 18" Halibrands, 12.99" Wilwoods

9. Likes silver_pilate liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Check out his walk around video:

https://youtu.be/aCH5aA1WzmM

Nice Work To Say The Least!

11. Thanks silver_pilate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work you’re doing. I had the same second/first start video situation. I had my 15-year-old do the honors and totally spaced off telling him to hold the clutch in. Neutral start is fine if you don’t have the clutch switch. I like those footbox blowers too, where’d you find them?
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, GTBradley. The blowers are what Cobra Earl included in his footbox blower kit when he was offering it. Since his cancer battle, I don't believe he's been offering products anymore. Here is the blower:

It's a bilge blower. I just hit the outer facing portions with some black enamel so it doesn't show in the wheel well as much.

14. Thanks GTBradley thanked for this post