BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: An answer for after market CV joint separation

Post Thanks / Like

An answer for after market CV joint separation

I was having the same trouble as many others, replaced front C/V joint/axle shafts, on my donor. Mine happened to be NAPA axles. I spent quite some time with my BFH (Big $%&#@!* Hammer) working on one of them. I believe I found an easier way.

%OW2+NCyRsuPtjPkIWldPQ.jpg

VY4UTiYOTverhimnxDHgvA.jpg

Thanks to my buddy Jay. He's the handsome yet camera shy person at the controls of this adventure.

2. Likes AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstrother View Post
    I was having the same trouble as many others, replaced front C/V joint/axle shafts, on my donor. Mine happened to be NAPA axles. I spent quite some time with my BFH (Big $%&#@!* Hammer) working on one of them. I believe I found an easier way.

%OW2+NCyRsuPtjPkIWldPQ.jpg

VY4UTiYOTverhimnxDHgvA.jpg

Thanks to my buddy Jay. He's the handsome yet camera shy person at the controls of this adventure.
    pipe trick
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Pipe didn't work on my one aftermarket axle as the clips are different and thus will not separate in the same manner. I ended up replacing it with an OEM axle after dismantling both I felt that they're superior in quality.
    Factory Five 818c #456