Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: LCS Recap as a Spectator/In-progess Builder

Post Thanks / Like

LCS Recap as a Spectator/In-progess Builder

Back from a great weekend visiting family and attending the LCS as a spectator. I lived in the Columbus, OH area for almost 15 years before moving north of Chicago three years ago. Even though I was interested in these cars well before the move I had no idea the largest gathering of cobras was just 45 min. away.

The LCS is a fantastic event! My wife and I drove to Columbus on Friday and stayed with relatives. Late Friday night it was calling for rain the next morning and we decided we would head over after the storms cleared out. I happened to wake up early Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to see the storms stayed to the west and were moving south of London. (I'm sure those that brought their cars breathed a sigh of relief as well.) With the break in the weather we hopped in the car and headed west just in time. We literally just made it passed the line up of cobras before they started their parade into London.

The parade into town is a must see..

This is just a fraction of the cobras on hand.

While there I had the privilege of meeting Dave Smith. You can feel the passion he has for not only FFR but the cobra community when talking with him.

I also had the opportunity to meet Paul (edwardb) and Jeff Kleiner in person. Two great ambassadors of FF and the community. Paul, his wife, and car made a cameo in the picture with Dave Smith above.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

2. Likes kgkeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a spectator and in-progress builder this was a great opportunity to see the various customizations, options, and upgrades out there. I also took the opportunity to check out potential paint options in person. Not sure if seeing all these beautiful cars helped narrow my paint scope or not.

Part of the event involves charity rides where some of the cobra owners are gracious to share a ride in their car for a small donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. My brother-in-law, nephew and myself were happy to donate to the cause. Unfortunately I can't remember the gentlemen's name I rode with but a super nice guy (and car).

The ride and people I met just reinforced why I'm building this car. Goal is to have mine finished in time to drive in the parade into London next year! Time to get back to building...
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

4. Thanks Presto51 thanked for this post
    Likes Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You picked one of the best Cobra related events to attend, in my opinion. No matter the make of car, the people are all the same. They would lay in a parking lot full of water to get you on the road or help diagnose a fuel problem in the parking lot the morning of the cruises. I have not met a more passionate group of people that are this giving of their time, talent, and expertise. My son and I attend every year knowing that we will likely be involved in helping someone. This year was no different and I wouldn't want it any other way. Now that you've been to the show as a spectator, you're part of the family and need to learn the secret handshake.

Hope to see you next year for the 20th anniversary of the show.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdonnel View Post
    ...would lay in a parking lot full of water to get you on the road...
    Yeah, I've been that guy...and as you say, wouldn't have it any other way!

Jeff

takLCS2014Hotel.jpg