BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4 speed questions

Post Thanks / Like

4 speed questions

I am looking to buying a fff 33 roadster that is done but the issue I have is it is a 4 speed and I read somewhere that there isn't any room for someone with big feet.I am a size 13 and am wondering how much leg room there is and also how much foot room there is.The car is a 5 hour drive from my house and I don't want to drive there if I cant buy it. someone said there really isn't a lot of foot room please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of it is going to depend on the builder of the car. Some put "notches" into the trans tunnel to make more room. Some move it a bit over, and I have seen some put bends into the break petal to make more room. With my Hot Rod I am not going with the standard e-brake so I have some room to move the trans tunnel over a bit.

So it will be real hard to say how it is going to fit. Where is the car at? Maybe someone from the forum is closer and can drop by to check it out. You might also ask the owner \seller to take a picture of the petal area with a ruler for scale. You might be able to figure it out from there.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that 4-speed is an auto you may be able to create more foot room but if it's a manual trans you'll be limited by the clutch T/O mechanism. I wear a size 10 and when I had a manual trans in mine it was uncomfortably tight even after ditching the FFR trans doghouse and widening the foot box. After I replace the manual with an auto I have plenty of room.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build