Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: I'm ready

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I'm ready

Alright Factory Five. I did my part. My garage is ready. Get a move on!.

Completion date, 7-28 plus a few weeks shipping. Ugg, it's going to be a long wait. I never was a patient person. Maybe I should put together a model of the car and put it in the garage?

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Straversi, Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a nice workspace you have there. Let me tell ya, there’s one thing worse than waiting for the kit! Waiting for the painter!
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got call yesterday from Stewart. They said that they have a lot of West coast deliveries so I will be stop #2 and expect to deliver Aug 8-10. Woohoo! I originally expected late Aug so this is a very pleasant surprise. I've already taken the last week in Aug off of work, so I am planning on getting a good start. I might have a hard time finding helpers to spend quality time with me In my garage in Aug in Las Vegas though.

I have already spent about $700 with Breeze Automotive. They have been great with super fast shipping. I am waiting on FFMetal to get more firewall forward kits in stock. Amazon has been making nearly daily deliveries. Papa makes it way too easy to order stuff when he posts a hyperlink direct to Amazon in his build page.

Where is everyone buying the RT drop trunk kit? I don't see it listed on the regular vendor's sites.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.norcal-cobras.com/store/r...uss_garage.htm

Here is his website. He has some amazing products. Most of which reside on my new build. Turn signal is the best one in my opinion. Then the drop trunk.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a call yesterday from Todd and Stewart as well. Sounds like we will be on the same truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to both of you. Kits arriving soon...WHOOO HOOOO!

Post Thanks / Like
    What part of Vegas are you in? I lived in Henderson for 12+ years over on Eastern.... Welcome to the fun... Do you have a chassis dolly built? May want to put wheels on that Body buck... Just a couple things to do while you wait... and wait....

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, I think that makes our cars siblings if they are delivered on the same truck. I wonder what chassis number they are up to?

Post Thanks / Like
    BadAsp, I'm going to move some things around in my garage when the MK IV gets here. My car is going out in the driveway. My jeep will move to the 3rd bay on the far right of the garage (and the oil drip tray too). Then I will be able to move the body buck over a bit more. I raised the buck up 2 ft and was planning on storing a lot of the boxes under it. Since all of that stuff will be there, I didn't see a reason to be able to roll it around. Any boxes that won't fit or that I won't need for a long time will go into an extra bedroom that I have (and to lay out all of the carpet). After that, my MK IV work space will be exactly 11' X 17'. I was planning on placing the frame in the middle of that area on jack stands. Do you think it is necessary to build a chassis dolly to be able to move it around before tires/wheels are installed? I was originally thinking that if I really needed to move the car around, I was going to buy a set of the dollys that are placed under the tires to be able to roll it side to side if needed.

I'm in Mountains Edge in the far SW of town.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all up to how you want to work on it. I really liked being able to roll my chassis around. I could have the rear near the tool box or turn it and have the front near it. Lots of people have used jack stands. As for the wheel dolly, I actually used a set of the furniture dollies that you can get at HF. Each good for 1000lbs and a bit less expensive. Sounds like you have a nice plan and it will work very well. Man, I don't know about working in the garage with it 110+ during the summer... I put a A/C unit in my garage here in SC but it is so dam humid here...

We called our area, Lower Anthem as we were right at the bottom of the hill near Coronado HS where both of our older kids graduated.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a nice area. I'm familiar with it. The car meeting spot each Sat is near the Twin Peaks on Eastern not too far from there.

I've been here since 97 so I'm used to the heat. My plan is to get up early, work till noon, shower, nap, then resume work in the early evening. If it's too hot, then skip a day. This is a fun project, no reason to turn it into a miserable one. As long as I'm not out in the sun, I can get by. My garage faces south, so the sun never comes directly inside.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry,

You are welcome to use my engine hoist any time you need it. I'm right down the street from the Car Show, just off Richmar.

Allan, aka Videodude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TMartinLVNV View Post
    Bob, I think that makes our cars siblings if they are delivered on the same truck. I wonder what chassis number they are up to?
    Maybe twins, mine will be the red one Factory Five said they will have chassis numbers when they are ready to ship. My next task for today is asking them for the number, not sure what good that will do me??

Post Thanks / Like
    Twins, I like it! I want to be chassis number 9999.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard waiting! If you haven't already, I would read the manual cover-to-cover at least three or four times.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.