Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed

Post Thanks / Like

Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed

On the way home from LCS, we took the opportunity to stop and go through the Museum at Speedway Motors in Lincoln NE. www.museumofamericanspeed.com

We have driven past it many times, but either the time of day was not right, or our schedule, or something that I cant remember prevented us from stopping.

But this time, we just made the time, and was it ever worth the side trip. Most of the cars are open wheel dirt midgets, sprinters, or indy cars, and there is a strong presence of anything related to flathead fords and indy engines. All of the cars were restored except for a few, and there were engines there that I had never heard of, let alone seen. On one wall, there was a display of all of the flathead V8 intake manifolds ever made, the wall was about 50 feet long, and there were hundreds.

Everything is immaculately presented on 3 floors, and we had 3 hours to go through it before they closed for the day. Just barely made a quick drive by of the displays, we will have to go back again with more time to spend.

I can recommend this to all. Do not drive by without stopping.
    Last edited by Derald Rice; 06-27-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades