Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear Brake Banjo bolt size

Post Thanks / Like

Rear Brake Banjo bolt size

Seems like I'm running into a lot of weird ones lately. As shared previously I order the M-2300-MR Ford rear brake kit because Factory Five was backordered. The brakes went on just fine. Today I went to connect the brakelines, and found that the banjo bolts that were supplied with the brake lines from Factory Five do not fit the M-2300-MR calipers. The FF banjo bolts are 10mm and all 4 supplied fit the front calipers just fine. I've been trying to find what the size of Banjo bolts the Ford Kit M-2300-MR require, but not having much luck. Where I'm able to deduce anything it seems like they also take a 10mm bolt. I'm wondering if perhaps there is a fine guage thread on these instead of the standard thread that seems to be on the Banjo bolts from FF. Does that make sense?

Does anyone happen to know where I could get the definitive information? I called several vendors today (Jegs, etc) and the great advice they gave me was "just resuse the ones that came with your car" because obviously, they don't have any idea what you are talking about if you can't give them a make, model and paint color to reference. Even when I told them I have a 2015 Mustang GT, they couldn't tell me.

Just a bit frustrated... any help would be great. I had wonderful plans to get so much done this weekend and with missing parts again it looks to be slow rolling

Thanks
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019

Post Thanks / Like
    To close on this, I ended up going to the local ford dealer and they were able to order me the banjo bolts and crush washers from a stock 2015 Mustang GT and they worked perfectly. I can post sizes here if anyone else is in this situation

Just LMK
    BUILT WITH MY DAD! - MK4, 5.0 Coyote, TK0 600 with Mid-Shift, Hydraulic Clutch, Power Steering, Custom Built Stainless 4:1:4 Headers by "Stainless Headers", Dual-Rollbars, 15" Wheels, Foot Box Vents and Seat Heaters, Patriot Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes Kit arrived: June 2, 2012 - Driving: May 22, 2013
    BUILDING WITH MY DAD! - Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, Gen3 Coyote, TKO 600, IRS, Hydraulic Clutch, PS, Stainless headers, 17" wheels, Race Seats, GPS Gauges Ordered 1-30-2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Slider, i received rear calipers from FFR recently with the same issue.... apparently had some back order issue with their normal calipers so these were sent. The banjo bolt threads cut into the caliper seem to be course while the banjo bolt sent with the kit seem to be fine. Same diameter it seems but threading is all off. Im guessing im having the same issue you are. Do you have that size handy and where i can order from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinR View Post
    Slider, i received rear calipers from FFR recently with the same issue.... apparently had some back order issue with their normal calipers so these were sent. The banjo bolt threads cut into the caliper seem to be course while the banjo bolt sent with the kit seem to be fine. Same diameter it seems but threading is all off. Im guessing im having the same issue you are. Do you have that size handy and where i can order from?
    KevinR, I ended up going to the Ford Dealership and ordered banjo bolts for the 2015 Mustang GT standard rear calipers. They fit perfectly. I believe I have the part # at my shop. I'll try to remember to post that here once I get back over to the shop later tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue... kit supplied were 10mm x 1.25

Correct size for the Rear Caliper is 10mm x 1.50

I contacted Factory Five and they sent the correct ones usps.

Or you can order them from Summit Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    KevinR, I ended up going to the Ford Dealership and ordered banjo bolts for the 2015 Mustang GT standard rear calipers. They fit perfectly. I believe I have the part # at my shop. I'll try to remember to post that here once I get back over to the shop later tonight.
    Here is a photo of the package from Ford.... my apologies for taking so long to attach this. Too much business travel as of late: (Image rotated on the left is for the "Crush washer" and the one orientated correctly on the right is the "Banjo bolt"

IMG_1732.jpeg