Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question about front end

Post Thanks / Like

Question about front end

Having installed what can be seen in the attached pic, I’d like to know if anyone sees something wrong.
    I haven’t yet put blue Loctite on the caliper mounting bolts so I can rework things easily as of now.
    Also, after intalling the calipers I rotate the disk and there is that hissing noise of brakes rubbing against the pads. Is this normal at this stage? Is it because the disks are just « hanging » there before the wheels are installed with their nuts holding everything snug?
    TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    UpNorth,

I will check when I get home tomorrow but I think the grease fittings on your UCA should be facing down, not up. Minor hissing noise is normal until everything breaks in.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Grease fittings on the cross shaft pivots point up.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks OK from what I can see. Rotors lightly touching/rubbing the disk brake pads is normal, although often doesn't show up until the brakes are bled and the pistons pushed out to their normal running location. Probably not hurting anything, but I'd keep at least a couple lug nuts on your assembly at this stage to keep the rotor seated where it belongs. I normally just leave all five on there. Same for the back once that's together. That way I don't lose any.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone.
    I appreciate your inputs very much!