Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Stopped by the factory today

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped by the factory today

Stopped by to specifically check out the Gen 3 Coupe and R Coupe and see the differences between it and my old black body Coupe 485. FFR made massive improvements on the body cause the roofline and rear glass look more like CSX2299 now. The interior is the major upgrade that is seen and felt. I got in without whacking my head on the roof or top hoop, got to sit further away from the steering wheel but could still reach the pedals fine and it just felt more spacious. The one thing I was happiest to see improved was the header to sidepipe flange mount, very nice connection. Probably convinced myself to build another one today.
    If in doubt......flat out-Colin McRae

Coupe #485

2. Likes Logan, GashF16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!! I had never sat in a Gen 2 Coupe before buying my Gen 3, but I'm certainly glad to have the extra interior room despite the fact that I'm as small as a horse jockey.

I'm in northern Alabama just south of Huntsville, what part of Tennessee are you in? You're welcome to drive your Coupe down sometime and check out my build if you're interested, though you won't learn anything more than you have at Factory Five's HQ. I'm working on the aluminum panels and about to start running brake and fuel lines.
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in East TN just North of Chattanooga. Only about 2hrs from you. Are doing a Coyote in yours?

Coupe #485

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have a Gen 3 Coyote on the engine stand. Pulled from a 2019 Mustang which had the 10-speed auto trans. I only bought the engine, and ordered my clutch and T56 Magnum yesterday actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, I will definitely do a Coyote in my next one. Will probably do a TKO 600 road race though. The T56 is a hefty transmission.

Coupe #485

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the TKO600RR very very closely before making my decision. The T56 Magnum is 135lbs and the TKO600 is 100lbs. The 35 pound difference isn’t enough reason to rule out the T56 by itself, at least imho. Torque capacity is the next point, and the T56 is (industry agreed as underrated) at 700 lb-ft versus the TKO at 500/600. Beyond that, the T56 is proven to work better at high RPM, which the Coyote is quite capable of. Stock redline is 7,500 with my Gen 3, and can easily be up around 8,500 after a tune and some minor engine upgrades (oil pump gear and crank sprocket). The T56 is good up to 9,000+ and the TKO series (both 500 & 600) are reaching their limits around 7,000. Add in the double overdrive which helps maintain great street manners for long drives including being interstate friendly, and the choice was obvious for me.

Oofda, sorry for the rant! I am a tech nerd and have excel spreadsheets on all this stuff and I’ve compared them to the nth degree. I still think the TKO600RR is a great choice, and is overbuilt compared to the non RR version. Sometimes it’s nice having 5 speeds instead of 6 too. Plus lighter weight AND cheaper cost to purchase? Makes it a solid choice for sure.

if I put as much thought into every other part like I have for the transmission (so far has been true), it’ll take me ages to finish this thing! ��

8. Thanks GashF16 thanked for this post