I finally got my car down on the wheels yesterday and as I was going to adjust my toe-in I noticed that the rubber bellows/boots on the steering arms look like they are sliced with a box knife! I was scratching my head as to how that happened, because I unpacked them really carefully, and they are sliced almost exactly the same on both sides. That's when it hit me— when the front suspension is completely unloaded the angle of the steering arms is such that if you turn your wheel from full-stop to full-stop it will dig into the lower A-arm mounting bracket and slice into the boots.

First question: has anyone else seen this happen before? I hadn't heard any warnings about turning the wheel full-stop when the suspension was unloaded. FYI, the rack is mounted to the lower mounting bolts. It was really hard to spot because the rip happens on the underside of the boot.

Second question: I need to replace the bellows— does anyone know what kind of a steering rack the FFR supplied one is? I've read that maybe it's from a late 80's to early 90's mustang?

Much appreciated!