Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Replacement fiberglass cobra body panels?

Post Thanks / Like

Replacement fiberglass cobra body panels?

MAN! CAN YOU BELIEVE DH CLOSED THE OTHER THRED...….JUST WHEN IT WAS GETTING GOOD ! WELL, I'M ALL LIQUERED UP AND READY TO "RUM"ble !!!!! Love ya Hodgkins but I'm low on roadsters to paint and I got the time to THROW DOWN ! Sunday!....SUNday!!….SUNDAY !!! MONSTER PISSEN MATCH !!!! "CHOPPER VS HAND LAID" BATTLE TO THE LAST MAN STANDING ! (you lock this thred and I will put you in the corner with your nose in a circle)…..I dare ya.....I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA !!!! "FIGHT"....."FINISH HIM"...…..(sorry, got a little tude goin)….da Bat
    Last edited by j.miller; 07-01-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I FORGOT A "P"

2. Likes SSNK4US, GWL liked this post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Batman’s been hanging upside down and down wind from the acetone bucket again!

Someone toss this man a car to paint quick!

Ray
    Last edited by Ray; 07-02-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

4. Likes SSNK4US, mike223 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Sounds like Batman’s been hanging upside down and down wind from the acetone bucket again!

Someone toss this man a car paint quick!

Ray

It's like you know me...….yeah, I guess ya do ! jus yankin some chain ! The 4th is comin up. Just startin the fireworks a little early..da bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Love ya' like a brother man...

But remember, all I gotta do is sit on you and you'll be spittin' guano for a week!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Love ya' like a brother man...

But remember, all I gotta do is sit on you and you'll be spittin' guano for a week!

That's a picture that can't be washed from your brain with chlorine bleach. Yikes!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm I wonder if he was related to the other guy that posted 3 or 4 whole times on back orders / quality issues and the thread went south before Dave closed it and Dave Smith had to chime in on that one too. People like that piss me off..........
    Theres a few extra ... if anybody needs them LOL

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya Dave, what's the idea close that thread? I just made a fresh bucket of popcorn, spoil sport.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eurovintage reminded me of what a re-incarnation of DaveS53 could be.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

11. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't Know How Dave Smith Manages to Keep His Cool

From the closed thread on this subject - Dave Smith response :

"I spoke to this gentleman, and I assured him that Factory Five has never produced a chopper gun body so he is either wrong or doesn't have a Factory Five body. I also explained to him that if he has any problem, I am happy to help him. I can say that this was one of the most challenging conversations I've had in 24 years of running this company, but despite that, I look forward to helping him get his great Coupe built."

That answer reinforces to me that Factory Five Racing is an outstanding company. To get this type of public response from the owner himself, speaks volumes of integrity, and responsibility. I know a couple of custom shops/factories owners that won't give you the time of day.

As busy as Dave is, (it's not easy to run a company) he always seems to find the time to address customers concerns. Yeah making a product for the masses is not easy, and sometimes your not going to hit the home run, but for the owner to step up and take on the complaint, not giving it off to one of his employee's tells me the quality of the man and his company.

Sorry for the long winded ramble, but I had to say what I thought.

Ron

BTW: This was not a paid endorsement, I'm not a relative of the Smith family. I only spoke to Dave Smith maybe a couple of times, and my opinion is that of an outside bystander.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

13. Likes David Hodgkins, GWL, mike223, SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminded me of the famous alloy body thread.....
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    From the closed thread on this subject - Dave Smith response :.....

I once called FF about an issue I had. Dave Smith answered the phone and helped resolve my problem. He said his guys were packing up and heading to a car show. Talk about service! AND, he had the correct answer that solved my issue.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

16. Thanks Presto51 thanked for this post
    Likes Presto51 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave is one of the primary reasons FF and the community is so good. He truly has passion for what FF is doing and cares about his customers. Unlike many CEO’s who care less about customers and service, how he acts and treats people is evident every day.

As for the original thread, I withhold my comments but as for The Bat, well he is just hanging around with nothing better to do.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

18. Likes Presto51 liked this post